Believe the Wii, or my HRM?

mrsrjp
mrsrjp Posts: 6
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am using the EA Sports Active Personal Trainer program on the Wii to help me get exercise whenever I can. I like to wear my HRM to get a more accurate reading of my calories burned because I have a hard time believing that I only burn 140 calories after 30 minutes. (Depending on workout, etc.) So would you believe what the Wii is telling you or your HRM?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    If your wearing a HRM With a chest strap use that info for calorie burn. It has your age height and weight and is the most accurate!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    If your wearing a HRM With a chest strap use that info for calorie burn. It has your age height and weight and is the most accurate!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    I would say go with your heart rate monitor. I'm not familiar with how the Wii calculates your stats, but I give the most credibility to any apparatus that takes in consideration your age, gender, and weight when giving you totals for calories burned. If all else fails, there are multiple tools on the internet that take in these factors. :o)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I agree. I have a Polar F6 that is programmable and has a chest strap - I also use Wii Fit Plus. I use the HRM reading - and it reads very similar to yours!
  • HRM most definitely. I love LOVE mine. (wish I had my polar back)
  • Awesome, thanks! Figured that was the right choice :-)
This discussion has been closed.