New Mom Making Progress

Options
:tongue: So, as a mom of a four moth old baby boy, I am finally starting to get it all together. I work full time in a town twenty minutes away from my home. My baby daycares in the town I work in, so him and I are able to drive together every morning and evening. I have learned to just accept the fact that I am going to have a messy house, at least until summer. I have finally decided that I am going to focus on me for the time being. With nothing more than dieting, I was able to lose 20 pounds, but found myself slowing down.:sad:

I am going to put my half hour to hour of working out before cleaning my house and then if I still have time/energy I will focus on my chores. My greater hope is that after a coulpe of weeks of working out, I will just naturally have more energy and more things will get done.

I am just wondering how other moms, new or experienced are able to juggle things. I am always looking for ideas. :smile:

Replies

• AmandaR910
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I do my work outs during nap time, but I'm a SAHM so that doesn't help you much.
    I have a 1 year old, 2 year old, and am due next month with #3.
  • last_chance
    Options
    First of all I would like to say: Welcome to MFP!!!

I am a first time mom of an 18 month old baby girl and I am going to school full time to be an RN in Neurology and let me tell you, it's not easy! I wouldn't be able to do it without my mom though, she watches her during the day. I am still trying to figure out how to juggle it all, it's a work in progress. Every day gets a little bit easier and though there are always going to be hard days, you just have to keep your end goal in mind. I had pre eclampsia when I was pregnant and on top of being lazy I gained about 80 lbs. Even my stretchmarks have stretchmarks!!

If you ever need anyone to talk, particularly another first time mommy, let me know :) This place is very supportive and I have found it to be really helpful. Good Luck!!