P90X question

Options
I am about to start P90X in the next few days and was wondering about the different programs to follow. For a beginner, which is best...classic or lean? What is the difference?

Replies

• turboandrea
    Options
    I prefer lean as an easier transition into the program.
  • Deputy95
    Options
    As a beginner I would stick with classic. I would also do a week just doing the workouts without tracking the reps. Just to kind of get a feel for it.
  • doncheco
    Options
    It really depends on what direction of fitness that you are looking for. The difference I have noticed between Lean & Classic is that Lean tends to focus more on cardio workouts. The classic adds more strength training to the mix. So depending on what type of results you are looking for would be the direction you go.

Hope this helps.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I jumped right in and started Classic. I am going to start round 2 in the new year. I had a knee injury part of the way through (over 2/3 of the way) the first time and need the time to heal. It's the most amazing program out there
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Depends on your level of fitness. Lean gears more toward cardio, while the classic has more weights/push ups/pull ups.

I personally did the double program when I was just starting to get back into shape meaning I did P90x in the morning (classic) and on the non cardio days I also went for a run.

I do not suggest this:
    I would also do a week just doing the workouts without tracking the reps. Just to kind of get a feel for it.

The whole point of the workout is muscle confusion, meaning your probably don't want to just do a week to get used to the workouts, give it your all from the start because in 3 weeks you will be switching work outs anyway.
  • Jayms
    Jayms Posts: 17
    Options
    I also just jumped into the classic, no regrets.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have done classic. I wouldn't be satisfied with the lean version, it would bore me quickly.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your fitness level and what you are hoping to accomplish. Decide that first and then we can discuss what version.
  • djenvision
    djenvision Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did Lean the 1st time through it did me right a more cardio than anything it will help you drop weight and build a little mass but not much. I'm doing Classic this time around and there is a giant difference I am getting bigger every week I am happy I did Lean first though otherwise I think I would be hurting more than I am now

P90X is life changing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!