Easy one ingredient ice cream! ( and recipies) YUM

Options
So my newest finding is that putting a frozen sliced banana in the blender makes an ice cream texture! It's like banana ice cream! It's awesome :) so the base ice cream is just putting as much of the frozen banana you want in a blender or food processor and voila, banana ice cream. But banana can get kind of boring so I found a list of ways to make it interesting and even more delicious!

There's the common add a tbsp of Nutella, Cocoa powder, or peanut butter for just a hint of flavor but I also found these more interesting ones. ( my blender wouldn't blend the cocoa powder well because there was no liquid so I added a tbsp or two of coconut milk- yum :smile: )

Pineapple and Macadamia Nuts
Top with a few chunks of freshly sliced pineapple and chopped macadamia nuts.

Nutella and Raspberries
Add one Tablespoon of Nutella to the banana in the blender, and top with a handful of fresh raspberries.

Strawberry Chocolate Chip
Add 1 cup frozen chopped strawberries to the blender. When blended, stir in 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or carob chips, or cacao nibs).

Cherries and Chocolate
Top with a couple spoonfuls of canned cherries and a sprinkling of chocolate chips or cacao nibs.

Cinnamon Peanut Butter
Add 2 Tablespoons peanut butter and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the blender.

Cinnamon Pecan
Add 1 cup chopped pecans and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the blender.

Mango Peach
Add 1/2 cup frozen chopped mango and 1/2 cup frozen chopped peach to the blender.

Raspberry Almond
Add 1 cup frozen raspberries to the blender. When blended, stir in 1/2 cup chopped almonds.

Apple Pie
Simmer chopped apples with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Let thicken and cool, then pour over ice cream scoops.

Strawberry Pistachio
Add 1 cup frozen chopped strawberries to the blender. When blended, stir in 1/2 cup chopped roasted, unsalted pistachios.

Chai Spice
Add 1-2 Tablespoons of condensed chai tea mix to the blender. Top with a small sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Blueberry Banana
Add 1 cup frozen wild blueberries to the blender. Top with a sprinkling of chopped walnuts or almonds.

Salted Caramel
Top with a tablespoon of caramel sauce and a sprinkling of coarse sea salt.

Peanut Butter & Honey Banana Ice Cream
3 tablespoons peanut butter 2 teaspoons honey in blender.

Cinnamon Dulce Banana Ice Cream
1 1/2 frozen bananas cut into coins 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground cinnamon

Mint Chip Ice Cream
For this one, combine a few drops of peppermint oil with a handful of dairy-free dark chocolate chips and pulse in the food processor for 10-15 seconds.

Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
Add a few frozen cherries (you can use fresh, but frozen works even better) and a few drops of vanilla to the food processor with the ice cream and pulse until the color becomes a consistent pink. Optional: throw in a few chocolate chunks for a “Cherry Garcia” like flavor.

Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
Add some unsweetened coconut flakes and a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder to the ice cream and process for a few seconds until combined.

Peanut Butter Raisin Ice Cream
Simply add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter with a handful of raisins and pulse for about 30 seconds until the peanut butter is fully incorporated.

Another cool idea!!
Have a one ingredient ice cream party and let everyone make their own flavor combinations. First, make enough “plain” banana ice cream for everyone and store in the freezer. When you’re ready for dessert, line up all potential ingredients (chocolate chips, vanilla, coconut, peanut butter, frozen fruit, nuts, etc. etc.) and let each person add a scoop or two of ice cream and their favorite ingredients to the food processor to create their own unique combination.

Also when I make this it's usually a bit too creamy for "ice cream" so I pop it in the freezer for a while and then it's perfect!!! :)
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do :laugh:

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My crappy blender just kind of throws the pieces of frozen banana around. I can add some almond milk or something, but then it comes out a bit thinner than I'd like. So I found that the frozen banana slices on their own really taste like ice cream to me - it's the same kind of chewy texture ice cream bars get when they're super, super cold. Love it.
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Make your own "ice cream" bar.

Melt down some dark chocolate over a double boiler.

stab a popsicle stick into a semi-frozen banana (put banana in the freezer for maybe 15-30 minutes)

Dip banana into the chocolate.

Freeze.

If you want to add a delicious twist, coat the banana in peanut butter first, then coat in chocolate.

It is so freaking good.
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You could also add a little nutella to the chocolate for a real treat.