Green tea vs Black tea

Options
Which is better for you?

I know black tea tends to have more caffeine, but I haven't tried it yet and the mint green tea is REALLY good.

I believe black tea has more antioxidants as well?

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Both are excellent. Have both!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    No green tea generally has more health benefits- most people just tend to find black tea tastier. Green tea has tons of antioxidants, etc.
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    Black tea has theaflavins and thearubigens.

Green tea is is loaded with a anti-oxidant known as EGCg.
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    Green tea has more antioxidents. I enjoy both. I think what's bad for you is the sugar (and sometimes cream) that people put in them!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have black tea in the AM. Plain. I have a little tea pot from my grandmothers collection of things and I have boiling water at a moments notice. Love the thing. Sometimes I will put a packet of splenda in it. I drink the green tea later in the afternoon with a splash of lemon. When I have a cold I add a tsp of pure honey to either.
  • Timkerbelle
    Options
    I think the general consensus is that green tea is healthier for you. It also doesn't stain your teeth nearly as bad! :)
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Does green tea count towards your daily water intake?
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tea does count towards your daily water consumption. I have also read that drinking green tea helps your metabolism.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Green Tea :) I'm glad tea counts as water consumption otherwise i wouldn't make up 8 glasses
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Black tea can cause a rise in copper I believe which can cause it's own problems, including slowing metabolism.
  • mandykasase
    Options
    i gave up black tea and coffee when i was pregnant with my son 6years ago, as a replacement i now drink roibos tea, green tea with a hint of jasmine or fruit flavoured teas. it wasn't intentional, it was because it increased my morning sickness. i find that i look foward to my green tea and i brew a cup every nite to take to bed with me, it helps me relax and unwind. and my teeth are lighter without the stains.
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I drink Luzianne decaf black tea, iced. I can't stand green tea. I also use a whitening toothpaste :)
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet soda or any other kind of carbonated beverage for green tea. Love the Bigalow Tea Company.
  • jagarcia646
    Options
    If you're going for antioxidants here, I would definitely say to go for some white tea. It usually contains three times the amount of antioxidants than green tea and has a softer subtle flavor. Yes, it is more expensive than green tea but I see it as a good investment. Between green and black, I would definitely say go with the green.
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies, I'll go brew myself a cup now :-)