I've made it!!! but not the inches....

Options
I've lost about 40 lbs this past year. I am now fluctuating healthily between 148-152 for my 5'10'" and played volleyball until last year when I graduated from college. I've NEVER been below 150 since about 6th grade, so was never trying to get below that. I have a solid frame in general, and truly don't have any weight to lose from my limbs anymore, JUST about 3 lbs of fat from my stomach in a perfect world. HOWEVER people already are suggesting I shouldn't loose any more weight. One of my best friends from college is anorexic and I feel like people are afraid that I'm turning into that- but if MY wedding isn't good motivation this next year to lose the final fat I don't know what is.

I've learned from my weight loss endeavors in the past the importance of measuring my inches versus eight. In parenthesis is my starting numbers.

CW: 148 (SW: 185)
Height: 5'10''
Chest: 38 (39)
Waist: 27 (29)
Hips: 34 (36)
Arms: 10 (12)
Thighs 22 (28)

Yes I know a lot of my weight loss is muscle from no longer lifting. But I've been happily living in maintaining these past few months enjoying my weekend margaritas or wine, eating out without counting calories, etc. I've begun eating extra clean this month for my dress shopping next month- but when is the time that you just need to accept your body and stop trying to change it anymore?

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You have made it when you are happy with your body. And, to me, you sound pretty darned happy. :drinker: :smile: