Help me with my thinking please

Options
I started clean eating and weight loss because something I was eating was making me sick. I felt awful and had constant indigestion. I was food phobic and started eating healthy out of desperation. Well, this week I found out my food allergies finally. I have 3: cinnamon, nutmeg and pistachios. Cinnamon is what was making me so sick. No wonder I couldn't figure out it! I'd never even knew you could be allergic to cinnamon.

So now my mind is kind of flipping out. I've lost almost 60 lbs. When people tell me I'm an inspiration or you have such great will power I laugh. No. I don't. I did it out of desperation so I wouldn't be so sick. But I feel like things have changed. I know what makes me sick now. I can in theory eat bread or crackers or tortilla chips or ice cream and it won't send me to the bathroom. Now I'm not eating it because I don't want to. But there's the problem. I've NEVER been able to lose weight before off sheer will power. I always fail. I am terrified I will fail! I needed that whole sick thing to keep me going.

Can you guys talk me through this? I've been eating a very narrow extremely healthy diet for 10 weeks. I need to expand my diet a bit just for nutrition's sake. But i don't want all the cravings to come crashing in. I think clean eating is still the way to go, but I'm honestly not even sure anymore.

Replies

• ca1ter
    ca1ter Posts: 2
    Options
    I will tell you something from my very own experience. I used to be a fat kid and some time ago I decided that I had to change myself. It took me much effort to lose weight (nearly 45 pounds) and gain fit physique. Everyone were admiring me and I was like the happiest person in the world. But only to the point. I was so obsessed with my 'clean' diet that I finally failed. I put on back 25 pounds because of binge eating. Even if I looked good, deep inside I was a wrack.

Here are some of my tips which I figured out after some 'life struggles':
    - try to build-up your self-esteem and quit negative thinking (you deserve to be happy with your body)
    - don't let your diet take control over your life, once a week eat something you like and which is not necessarily clean (include this to your macros)
    - check out in google: refeed day

There is not much I can say more but to sum up, think about how far you already are. It would be a pity to ruin it.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    If it's working and you feel good, aside from making adjustments to meet your daily nutritional needs (RDA for vitamins and so forth) why change anything?
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I get mixed messages when I read people's posts. I hear yes! Clean eating is the way to go. I also hear no way! If you don't eat bread and desserts every so often you'll eventually fail. I like the way I eat except that I need more variety. I would like to be able to eat a piece of bread on occasion or a cookie if I'm at a party. But I do NOT want the cravings to come crashing upon me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Eat "good" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for!