Grilled Romaine

Options
BeardedYoung
BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
Anyone else a fan? Wow.. I drizzled romaine heads that I halved with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkled them with Mediterranean seasoning. I threw them on the grill to get a little char and chopped up for a salad. It was amazingly easy and wonderfully delicious.

Replies

• mspianomistress
    Options
    I haven't tried that but it sounds yummy!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Will try this.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Never tried but I will now! thanks
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    No kidding?
    I never would've thought to do that.
    I'll have to try it the next time we fire up the grill.

Thanks, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    It's amazing!! I only recently tried it but I'm hooked!
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It doesn't wilt the lettuce?
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    you mean romaine lettuce?
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Yes it wilts a little and softens some but it also chars a lil and if you love that grilled taste its amazing. It seems to satisfy me more than just a salad.... add a grilled portabella mushroom and now ya got something!
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Yes! I buy a 3 pack of romaine lettuce and half them drizzle them grill them and devour them... well not all of them, I share ;)
  • Fit4Yah
    Fit4Yah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's funny. My husband just had this for the first time at a country club and was telling me how good it was and that we need to try it!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try that. I assume you need to consume it all after you grill it? I'm the only one in my fam that would eat it :(
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Yeah, you gotta eat it right from the grill, I don't think it would keep well. You can either use the outside leaves for tuna/egg/chicken salad or just grill half.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do it when lettuce starts to Wilt. Saves money and is delicious.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP. Tried this yesterday and it was great. Drizzled some olive oil on quartered little gems, barbecued, and then dressed with little buttermilk ranch.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I had grilled romaine with some chopped olives on top in a restaurant one day and it was freaking amazing. I need to make this soon.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes it wilts a little and softens some but it also chars a lil and if you love that grilled taste its amazing. It seems to satisfy me more than just a salad.... add a grilled portabella mushroom and now ya got something!
    :bigsmile: :drinker: