So Cal runners...thoughts?

Options
I want to register for a 10K, and I'm new to So Cal. I found info online for a 10K on December 11 in Venice/Santa Monica, and I also found one the following week in Manhattan Beach. I like the idea of running near the ocean...which would you pick?

Any input is appreciated :)

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    anybody? I'm leaning towards Santa Monica/Venice...
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Well it is always interesting in Santa Monica that's for sure! lol It is awesome to be near the beach of course which ever you choose have a great time and take a few pics for us!
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing the Redondo Beach 5K (10K option too) in February.

http://www.redondo10k.com/

Best of luck!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I would do Manhattan Beach, just cause I hate Santa Monica/Venice traffic. LOL By the time I got there I would lose all motivation.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    venice/santa monica for sure! the people watching alone will get your mind off of how far the finish line is
  • ClaireElanB
    ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Parking will be better at all the city lots in Santa Monica - parking is hell in Manhattan. Also it depends on where you live.
    Have fun!!!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I live in between the two of them. Both are beautiful beaches - Venice is great for people watching. Both have traffic and parking challenges - especially on a race morning. Both have lots to do in the area for afterwards (if you are up to it). Think I would pick Manhattan Beach this time as Venice/Santa Monica have more events and walks or runs to do later.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I live way up in the IE, and the race is at 7:30 am, so it will be an early morning for sure!!! I did pick the Santa Monica/Venice race...it's my first race in a long time...

About 2 years ago I did a 5K, then 6 weeks later I did a 10K, both in the San Francisco area (the 10K went back and forth across the Golden Gate bridge...which I now refer to as the longest bridge on earth LOL)

It's time to get my butt running again!

Anybody want to run it with me? It's called the Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run, on 12/11/10. There's a 5K too if you prefer that :wink:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I live way up in the IE, and the race is at 7:30 am, so it will be an early morning for sure!!! I did pick the Santa Monica/Venice race...it's my first race in a long time...

About 2 years ago I did a 5K, then 6 weeks later I did a 10K, both in the San Francisco area (the 10K went back and forth across the Golden Gate bridge...which I now refer to as the longest bridge on earth LOL)

It's time to get my butt running again!

Anybody want to run it with me? It's called the Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run, on 12/11/10. There's a 5K too if you prefer that :wink:
    NEXT YEAR FOR SURE!! Seriously I would love to join you let me get right first! :wink: