People that eat one meal a day.

Options
2»

Replies

• h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson used to eat 1 meal per day...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson used to eat 1 meal per day...

I hear Hitler did too.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My body "wants" two huge meals a day about 2 hours apart. I don't want to be that fat. When not dieting, I still gain weight on one huge meal per day, so to maintain, I will still only be halfway-full. But I'd rather be halfway-full once a day, than eat several smaller meals and be starving all the time. Plus once I begin eating, I am hungry the rest of the day; more so than if I wait to eat. I am dieting now and have been eating 2 meals/day late in the day close together.

You would be all the way full if you hit your 1500 calories instead of just eating 700 calories. Just think, you could have two meals of 700 calories, be all the way full, AND still lose weight.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Eating only one meal per day is the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight! It is suggested that you eat several "mini-meals" per day instead. That keeps you from being so hungry, keeps your blood sugar levels even, and keeps your metabolism going all day. If you eat only once, your metabolism starts to slow down when there is no food to burn.

Medical fact. :smile:

Unless you have a medical condition, meal timing and the number of meals per day is entirely personal preference.

NO it is not.

yes it is.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzG1T3iCsDEoz7t567gF5HE9uZ7Aa7vSmobymLHcypwhV3KWPqmw

(Lest my post be reported for being off-topic, this image is in reference to the "back and forth" argument that has ensued on the relative safety of eating ones daily calories in only one meal. Of course, now that I've explained it, it has completely killed any potential humorous/witty points it may have garnered...which I am convinced is the true motives of those who would report such posts...that they want to eliminate all humor (or even humour) and wit from the forums. I suspect it is because they are...(how you say?)...haters. For purposes of satisfying the "on-topic" requirement, I believe that science has demonstrated that there are no significant differences between those who eat their daily calories at one time or spread throughout the day.)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzG1T3iCsDEoz7t567gF5HE9uZ7Aa7vSmobymLHcypwhV3KWPqmw

(Lest my post be reported for being off-topic, this image is in reference to the "back and forth" argument that has ensued on the relative safety of eating ones daily calories in only one meal. Of course, now that I've explained it, it has completely killed any potential humorous/witty points it may have garnered...which I am convinced is the true motives of those who would report such posts...that they want to eliminate all humor (or even humour) and wit from the forums. I suspect it is because they are...(how you say?)...haters. For purposes of satisfying the "on-topic" requirement, I believe that science has demonstrated that there are no significant differences between those who eat their daily calories at one time or spread throughout the day.)

LOVE!!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Eating only one meal per day is the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight! It is suggested that you eat several "mini-meals" per day instead. That keeps you from being so hungry, keeps your blood sugar levels even, and keeps your metabolism going all day. If you eat only once, your metabolism starts to slow down when there is no food to burn.

Medical fact. :smile:

Medical fact you say...

2 words. PROVE IT.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I only eat two meals a day I work split shifts the majority at night so I make sure I have something before I start or I'm a total grump but after I get off at like 11i eat my dinner which I'm not always hungry for believe it or not I wind down and go to bed a few hours later and get up and do it again I never really wanna cook breakfast like ever and milk doesn't like me anymore so I just skip the cereal I usually will grab a pop or coffee if I'm up early to make it but I haven't Ben hungry while I'm working its the days off that I'm hungry all day but I try to avoid eating thinking its more out of boredom