Weighing Everyday

Options
2»

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day. It was just what I did .. however in time I learned that it was just not necessary.

I just wanted to know that I was making progress and not going off the tracks.

I weigh like once a week or several weeks now. But I am in maintenance .. actually trying to gain body fat mode now.

I ignored my own thoughts (but my way of thinking has changed) .. and concentrated only on the measurements) like the scale and tape measure. What I really did was ignore the best method of telling the truth .. and now regret it.

How you look and feel is the best method of truly telling you how you are doing. Skip the bmi chart, skip the scale .. the best method is the mirror. The next best thing is probably true body fat % measurements. When I was at 7.4% recently I knew it was right ... as I looked like **** and was freaking too skinny.

I learned that the best way ... not the stupid scale, but yes the mirror. The mirror never lies ... it tells you as it is and gives you a truthful idea of how you look.
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My calories for most of the week are below my target and I am going to the gym 4-5 a week doing 20 minutes of cardio and resistance training.

I have been getting the tape measure out and have managed to shift 3 inches of my waste in 6 weeks also clothes have started to get looser.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily too even though I know I shouldn't but I only count it once every two weeks & when I have less to lose I will switch to monthly for me being in a range is acceptable but should it change considerably I would know to make changes before its too late. I wish I had done this the 1st time I was on here then I probably wouldn't have gained back 30 lbs which I have to fight to take off again. But since you are seeing progress in your inches just relax lbs are not the end all be all of dieting believe it or not. I would be thrilled with your progress.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day as well but I don't really take it all that seriously. I only chart the weight when it drops - which is usually every 2 weeks or so.

I know it fluctuates so I don't get upset with the ups and downs - those are completely normal. As long as it trends downward.
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    > Hold on to those other things with adequate macros and water and heavy lifting

I hear the word macros used a lot on the site, do you mean the ratio of protein, fat and carbs?

Recently I have been going to the gym 4-5 days doing 20 minutes of cardio and working 2 muscle groups a day.

It would be good to have accurate scales that can *really* calculate the fat in your body so I can see the results rather than just relying on body weight, as I am sure the increase in resistance training must make a difference to my weight.