Calories?

Options
Hello Everyone ????

I hope you are all well, just a quick question I would like to ask. I have been eating around 800/900 calories a day for around a month, yes I have lost weight 15lbs to be precise but I would like to eat a bit more, would 1200 calories be too much for me to lose weight? I am 5'3' and 115lbs, I have around 10/15 pounds to go.

Edit : at 1200 calories my carbs would be around 150g a day, my protein around 100g a day, sugar around 30g and my fat around 20g per day.

Have a great day all ????

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did basically the same thing, about 6kg (115lbs) in a month eating around 700-800 calories and I am around your size (158 cm 47kg /5'2 103 pounds)

I have also wondered what happens when I eventually want to maintain. 1200 seems like a lot.
  • nezbit88
    Options
    Eat more.

"If Your Calorie Goal's UNDER 1200 && / Or You Have An Eating Disorder... DON'T ADD !" - Are you serious? It's the equivalent of saying 'If your calorie goal is over 2000 your probably fat'.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    In
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    Eat more.

"If Your Calorie Goal's UNDER 1200 && / Or You Have An Eating Disorder... DON'T ADD !" - Are you serious? It's the equivalent of saying 'If your calorie goal is over 2000 your probably fat'.

It's to prevent those from adding me pretending they have a disease.

Dang, you're so ableist.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

JkOzKst.gif&size=400x1000
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

JkOzKst.gif&size=400x1000

just got me popcorns out... bring it oooooooon!
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You should definitely eat more. Your body needs fuel, and if you're eating at too steep a deficit, you'll be losing a good bit of your muscle mass along with your fat. Not to mention a plethora of other negative side effects that could occur. You're already at a healthy weight, but if you're determined to lose more, it would be healthier to eat at a smaller and more reasonable deficit. Find out your TDEE and go from there: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Edited: I just noticed that your goal would make you underweight. That, along with your unhealthy calorie intake, is pretty concerning. I recommend talking to a doctor and reevaluating.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone ????

I hope you are all well, just a quick question I would like to ask. I have been eating around 800/900 calories a day for around a month, yes I have lost weight 15lbs to be precise but I would like to eat a bit more, would 1200 calories be too much for me to lose weight? I am 5'3' and 115lbs, I have around 10/15 pounds to go.

Edit : at 1200 calories my carbs would be around 150g a day, my protein around 100g a day, sugar around 30g and my fat around 20g per day.

Have a great day all ????
    So you now have a BMI of 20 and want to have one of 17 which clinically is underweight. Err no. I suggest going to see your doctor and talking this through because your goals and what you are doing are not healthy. Good luck
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight will put you in the underweight category. Can you tell us why you feel like you need to lose more weight? If you just feel like you look flabby or jiggly, I'd suggest that you eat at maintenance and incorporate weight training to change your body composition.

You definitely need to eat more for your health. You're eating well under maintenance, and 15 lbs per month is way too much and pretty much guarantees that you're losing muscle. Muscle is what makes you look good naked.

I plugged your numbers into this calculator:
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

It came up with 1638 to maintain your weight if you're completely sedentary. That means no exercise and very little movement throughout the day. If you do any exercise at all or if you have a job that requires movement it's going to be much higher. Personally I'm not much bigger than you (5'4" 125 lbs) and I maintain on about 1900-2300, depending on the day.

When I got to my goal weight I was unhappy. I figured I could either keep doing what I was doing, lose more weight, and probably get the exact same kind of results I had been getting, or I could follow the advice I got here to do a recomp. Recomp is what I mentioned above-- I ate at maintenance, got enough protein, and lifted weights. It's a slow process but I've been very happy with the results. My body fat percentage is down from about 24% to about 18%.

3adc875e-c415-41b0-992d-6430c1d58507_zps849ede27.png

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

Strongly agree.

I would also talk to a healthcare professional. You seem like you're straying into dangerous waters...
  • nezbit88
    Options
    Eat more.

Dang, you're so ableist.

How is that in any form ableism? You're fat, not disabled.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    Eat more.

Dang, you're so ableist.

So are you saying that those of us with mental defects aren't disabled ?
  • nezbit88
    Options
    Eat more.

Dang, you're so ableist.

You clearly have some mental defect if that is what you inferred from what I posted.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    Eat more.

Dang, you're so ableist.

You clearly have some mental defect if that is what you inferred from what I posted.

Well, my corpus callosum IS agenesis.
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You should definitely eat more. Your body needs fuel, and if you're eating at too steep a deficit, you'll be losing a good bit of your muscle mass along with your fat. Not to mention a plethora of other negative side effects that could occur. You're already at a healthy weight, but if you're determined to lose more, it would be healthier to eat at a smaller and more reasonable deficit. Find out your TDEE and go from there: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Edited: I just noticed that your goal would make you underweight. That, along with your unhealthy calorie intake, is pretty concerning. I recommend talking to a doctor and reevaluating.

This is recommended imho.
  • nezbit88
    Options
    Eat more.

Dang, you're so ableist.

So? Was I supposed to know that? It's totally irrelevant anyway. You accused me me of being ableist with no good reason, the point I was making is how ridiculous your tag line is on your profile.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    Options
    Eat more.

Dang, you're so ableist.

So? Was I supposed to know that? It's totally irrelevant anyway. You accused me me of being ableist with no good reason, the point I was making is how ridiculous your tag line is on your profile.

This is my profile, my email, my username. Which has my YouTube channel, my fitblr, my Instagram and my Pinterest URL's on it.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Just out of interest why do you think it is ridiculous on someone else's profile? Surely its better to put people off that eat a ridiculously low amount of kcals before they get butthurt when you call them out on their unhealthy habits or delete them?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It's the internet. *Everyone's* ridiculous.

OP, eat more and start thinking about your relationship with food.