Finally got it!

Options
ftrobbie
ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
I have been avoiding running outside for a long time, but the gyms air conditioning system has failed and it was unbearable to use the treadmills in the gym. It was also too hot yesterday so I vowed to do my c25k week 5 day 1 session this morning outside. Well I did it. More importantly I naturally slowed down, not keeping the 6mph speed on the treadmill but a more natural 5.1mph for my fitness level. I also listened to the cues on the app track. In the gym I am constantly looking about how far into a segment I am and do mind tricks to complete. Running at a natural pace outside, I did not look at the app once. A much more pleasant experience all round. If you have not tried it, I would recommend doing it once, you really might enjoy it.:bigsmile:

Replies

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad you did something you were avoiding, and found you actually enjoyed it! :drinker:
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Not really sure why I avoided it, but for me it is better and I have replanned next week to allow for the fact I will do the C25k stuff outside rather than as an add on to the weights session.
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    Great!! good job