Lost Newbey

Options
Hi all,

New to MFP, and Fitbit Flex, and gotta say I love both?
After reading forums / posts it's all a bit overwhelming so I'll try explaining my stats goals, as I really want to be setup correctly.
I'm male, 45, 181cm, 95kgs, around 17-18% body fat.
My goals are to get bf to10-12%, and weight to 95-100kg.

I pretty much sit most of the day, and 4 days a week do treadmill for 1/2 hour early morning, and heavy weights at night for an hour.

MFP set calorie goal to 2320, 55% carbs (369grams ), 20% fat(60grams), 25% protein(168grams), and set to maintain weight.

I enter my food intake in MFP and let my fitbit flex do the exercise.

I'm finding I'm short on my daily calories by about 500-1000, and always short on carbs, whilst protein I hit or exceed.

My questions are;
Have I got my goal settings right?
How does my treadmill / weights from fitbit reflect in MFP

Any other comments to get me off on the right path with the apps?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    those numbers don't sound really out of the park.
    Sound standard.

You're macro split is up to you- you can absolutely change it to suit your needs.
    I think I'm split 40P/20F/20C... and I wind up closer to a fair 30's split- but I do my best to hit higher proteins.

You're fitbit might be reading high- but you could just need to eat more food- sometimes on long workout days- I wind up going to the gym with only 700 or so consumed- so that's another 500 plus I need to eat for just daily food- add on 2 hours of lifting- plus 2 hours of dance class- maybe some stairmaster- and all the sudden I have over 1000 calories to eat when I get home.

guess what- bust out the ice cream and eat up. have a big glass of full fat/2% milk and drink up.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE—way more accurate than any online calculator.

For MFP "how-to" info, read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants