uncomfortable after eating...

Options
mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
so i have this problem with bloating/ stomach pains after eating lunch. i will usually have a salad and maybe an apple, no soda, nothing super high in salt, nothing processed, not huge portions. it feels like i just cant digest it and it is pretty embarassing. does anyone have any suggestions? or reasons why this might be happening? thanks

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might check in with your doc on this in case it's something more serious.:flowerforyou:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I feel like that after eating just an apple. There's something about fruits and vegetable that kind of upset my stomach. I try to add some carbs to absorb some of the acids and juices and it usually helps.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I sounds like the fiber you are taking in is trying to do its job. Have you ever done a colon cleanse? You may want to do one. You might be backed up so the fiber can't push everything through.

I would also make an appointment with your doctor and maybe get a stomach x-ray.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i was totally gonna bring up the fiber thing, but someone beat me to the punch :)
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Salad can be gas inducing for some ppl, especially if it's cabbage.
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    Do you use iceberg lettuce? People do not digest this lettuce very well.