2,090 calories for a tuna melt!

Options

Replies

• crissi66
    Options
    Well that was a eye opener. Luckily most of that i wouldnt have eaten anyway. But i see my co workers eating similar things for lunch everyday. Especially that mall chinese food. such a shame. Heart attack in a bag plus fries and a drink :(
  • Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW THAT IS AN EYE OPENER!!! GREAT POST!!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Yuk! Honestly doesn't even look good! When I think of all of the food I can have for 2000 calories, and compare it to one awful mayo-filled sandwich, it makes me want to gag!

For example:

This:

002_quiznos.jpg

OR ALL THIS:

2kcal.jpg
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Oh geeze, no wonder I am fat.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    wow crazy!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    It is incredible huh?! (Hence, well that and I am cheap!) eating fast food like only once or twice a month! I wish they had broken it down even further - ie the Tuna Melt - is it the sauce? Same for the Arby's club (and the bacon too probably.) How much is actually in each part would be interesting (to me at least) - ie, maybe you dont realize how much butter they put on the bread!? Might make you asked for seared or toasted not grilled!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Over 2000 calories for one meal?

I can't remember the last time I had over 2000 calories in one DAY!

With stuff like that being made, it is no wonder obesity has become a problem, because for sure, that would not be the only thing anybody eating that in average day to day life, would eat, they will also have had brekkie and dinner and I bet snacks too! :noway:
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow...this was such an eye opener. I used to eat the Subway chicken bacon ranch sub regularly...sometimes twice in one day. It's no wonder I gained weight. Thanks for this!
  • douglernerold
    Options
    Unfortunately most of those items look pretty tasty to me. :)

That photo of the alternative 2,000 calorie healthy sumptuous meal looks even better though.

doug
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i looked up the calories of the meals in my local pub yesterday to decide what to have..

http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/pdf/hungry-horse-nutrition-information.pdf

fish & chips 1960cals
    "lite bites" twisters and curry sauce 1017cals
    chicken new yorker (one of my favs) 1839cals
    high & mighty burger 2847cals!!!

most of its pretty horrific tbh! no wonder ppl are obese! thats twice the daily calorie intake for one lunchtime meal :s

i had jacket potato with just tuna and no mayo, no butter - figured that was the best option of the lot - why cant they make healthy low calorie lunches in chain pubs? :( or at least put the calories on the menu - i think that would put most ppl off ordering though tbh!