junk food

Options
I joined my fitness about a week ago and up until today i kept thinking to myself this isnt as hard as i thought it would be. Today though has been kind of hard, I work at the hospital and everyone walks around munching on something and today was just tough. I did give in and pulled out 5 sour gummy worms had them and called it quits. Chips are my big downfall and to have someone set right next to you and eat tortilla chips was really hard, i held strong and kept telling myself that in the long run its for the best

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I joined my fitness about a week ago and up until today i kept thinking to myself this isnt as hard as i thought it would be. Today though has been kind of hard, I work at the hospital and everyone walks around munching on something and today was just tough. I did give in and pulled out 5 sour gummy worms had them and called it quits. Chips are my big downfall and to have someone set right next to you and eat tortilla chips was really hard, i held strong and kept telling myself that in the long run its for the best

Good for you! Way to stay strong. Applaud yourself for only having the 5 worms and not the whole bag. Hold your head up high. When you start feeling better and looking better you won't even want the worms or chips anymore. :happy:
  • johnny_canuck001
    Options
    Sure it is for the best, but you don't have to suffer. Lay's has some very good varietys of baked chips. I like the cheddar and sour cream ruffles (baked). The Canadian packages are only 140 calories so it could be worked into a low-calorie diet, especially as a reward for some exercise. You can do it, you (we all) just have to make smart choices without denying ourselves to the point where we cant continue.

Yesterday my family was watching a movie together and I had to opt out because they were eating a monster bag of cheesies, I had to opt to go to the gym instead and had my chips afterward.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead when you're going to be tempted. Those snack bags work really well for dried fruits, nuts or even chips. I take a banana with me, so when I'm tempted... I've got something to slow me down and take the edge off. Planning helps with success.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good for you for stopping at 5.Maybe you can bring a low calorie snack with you so when you are tempted,you can eat that and not feel guilty.
    Good luck!I worked in a hospital for 10 years and know what you mean .People eating all kinds of unhealthy food,esp around the holidays.
    Be strong!!You`ll do good.
    jane