Golds Gym??

Options
2»

Replies

• annie008
    Options
    Check out Fitness 19 if you're in the southern California area.. they have dues as low as $7 a month. There aren't any classes but every location has trainers that you can hook up with and they're always having specials on session packages. You can tag on an all club membership for like, another $3 a month. They're not really pushy, the gyms are clean and bright, there's childcare and lockers, and there's a great variety of machines and free weights. I had to give up my membership because of school but I wish I hadn't because I seriously loved it there.

I had a membership to Gold's when I first, first started working out. My mom prepaid a year's membership for me for Christmas so I'm not sure what the financial specifics were on it but I really liked that they're 24 hours and they have a specific women's workout room. Gold's tends to be populated with more srs bsns people who come to work out, sweat, and leave, so there's not a lot of fluff. The people at my location were really friendly and while I never took part in any classes because I was too intimidated, there was a good variety of activity spread throughout the week.

I'd check out either place and ask for a trial offer and try them on for size. Good luck!

Hmmm I never heard of fitness 19........I checked out their website though. Unfortunately the nearest one to me is over 25 miles away....a bit far for a gym :( I am in the downtown L.A area
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym is a franchise so you're likely to get a different experience based on the management style of whoever owns it. I belong to Gold's and i LOVE my gym. I take a lot of the classes and the instructors are great. I've used personal training and it was a very positive experience. I use the pool. There's tons of equipment and I've never had a problem getting on the one I want. It's very clean and bright and the members are friendly and respectful.

I don't think this is necessarily true for all of them. I would say that you need to visit and get a free two weeks pass. You really need to spend some time in the gym to determine if it's right for you. You can't find out over the phone.