New Member and I'm a bride to be

Options
Hello my name is Livia, and I'm 29. I have already lost 55lbs, but I need to lose another 46. I need some motivation to get there, and that is why I joined this awesome site, and because a friend pushed me!:tongue: I am getting married June 4th and would love to meet some other brides to work with me, and if your not a bride that's alright too! I'd love to have any help that I can get. I want to be beautiful on the inside out and to really feel it! I am also doing this because I want to be healthy, and feel good about myself again!

Replies

• mrsrem
    Options
    Hi I'm Susan and I'm also a bride to be! Our wedding is April 30th so I'm getting down to the wire, only about 5 months. I've been "trying" to loose wait for about 7 months and haven't gotten anywhere, so a friend told me about this site so I thought I would give it a try. So today is my start! Good luck!
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    congrats on losing those pounds and getting married! i'm not a bride to be (yet) but i have about 40 or so pounds to lose! Add me and we can keep ourselves motivated!

Kristy
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP!Congrats on the progress so far!Sounds like your very determined and set healthy goals-awesome.I'll send you a friend request.
  • mugglewump701
    mugglewump701 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also getting married June 4th next year! I'm trying to lose 30 lbs before ours. Welcome to the site! This has been so helpful for me - I was so not motivated before, but then I saw a friend who was using it and decided to try it. Let me tell you, seeing how much all of my friends are burning and losing keeps me so motivated, so hopefully we can do the same for each other!
  • wishfulpantry
    Options
    Hey!
    Not a bride to be, but my boyfriend says he will propose once I hit 58kg approx 128 so I guess I'm a fiancee to be?

Anyway, I'd love to add you so we can keep each other motivated!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Welome! I'm also a bride to be. Our date is June 18, 2011. I'd be glad to motivate you, if you help motivate me1 I have 45 more pounds to go and I've lost 10 so far.

Shannon
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a bride to be as well. Our date is September 10, 2011. I have about 60 lbs to go and have lost 16 lbs so far using this site. I LOVE IT!! It definately is a motivator and holds you accountable for what you eat. I find I make better choices as far as calories go. I have given up things that arent "worth" the calories. Congrats on your loss soo far and keep up the good work!!

Brooke
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey!

congrats to all you bride-to-be's! I'm a bride to be too! YA! I'm getting married Aug. 13, 2011. I joined this website to help me lose weight. Of course I would love to say I'm losing weight for the wedding. that's only partly true! I want to lose the weight I gained working night shift. I'm a little disappointed in myself. I never thought I'd be the bride that had to lose 20lbs before her wedding. oh well...I'm comfortable with my fiance ( he's got a little belly himself). All brides are beautiful on their wedding day though... big or small.

I just wanted to to say welcome. I'm newer too!
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Congrats to everyone who is a bride-to-be and also groom-to-bes! I'm not one, but still wishing to lose weight to be happy with myself and also so I can look good (but not better than the bride) for Livia's wedding. I love you, Livia, and I know we can do this together. Heck, you've done wonderful by yourself so far but I'm def. looking forward to trying this out together. I can't wait to move closer to you so we can start trying every night/morning if we want!
    Good luck to everyone, and I know we all can do it!

Miranda
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    The bride and three bridesmaids, on MFP. We are going to be a smokin hot bridal party!! We can do this!
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Who else is on here that's not on my friends list, Emily??? I didn't even know you were on till I saw your friend request :D
  • lgb010
    Options
    i'm getting married in july and totally understand how you feel. fitness pal has seriously helped me. it makes me have some self control when it comes to eating, and makes me take some responsibility on exercising.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm going to put up a picture of myself in my dress after I try it on next week. I'm hoping that will help motivate me to keep the exercise journey going!

Shannon
  • butterfly007
    butterfly007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well Congratulations!:) I hope you lose the weight, but I hope you lose it because you want too:) Thank You
  • butterfly007
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Congrats to everyone who is a bride-to-be and also groom-to-bes! I'm not one, but still wishing to lose weight to be happy with myself and also so I can look good (but not better than the bride) for Livia's wedding. I love you, Livia, and I know we can do this together. Heck, you've done wonderful by yourself so far but I'm def. looking forward to trying this out together. I can't wait to move closer to you so we can start trying every night/morning if we want!
    Good luck to everyone, and I know we all can do it!

Miranda
    Thank you Miranda!:) I can't wait either!!:) It will be nice to have someone to workout with! We can do this!:)
  • butterfly007
    Options
    The bride and three bridesmaids, on MFP. We are going to be a smokin hot bridal party!! We can do this!
    YES WE ARE!!:) I can't wait 198 more days..lol..
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Not a bride to be, but my boyfriend says he will propose once I hit 58kg approx 128 so I guess I'm a fiancee to be?

Hahaha, ok I gotta say, that's kinda messed up... but I guess it could be motivating?
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey hun,

I'm also a bride-to-be, May 6th 2011 we get married and out UK reception is June 4th! :) I'm focussed on toning now but here to help if you need any motivation! Add me if you would like to be friends :)
    -x-x-
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Hahaha, ok I gotta say, that's kinda messed up... but I guess it could be motivating?

I was thinking the same thing...errr thats not right actually

BTW...I am bride-to-be also :) Getting Married July 9, 2011 :) I have 51 more lbs to lose.