wrist injury .... are you kidding me?

maletac
maletac Posts: 767 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
this sucks... so heres my status

" cool... steroid shot in wrist (biggest needle i ever seen in my life) (its actually painful).... uh im off weight training from the next 4 weeks then i find out if i need surgery again... :\ and yeah :\ sigh..."

i been losing weight cause i been working out for the last 120 days... now the next four weeks i cant touch weight or any sort of anything involving my wrist...

so im pretty much on a strict cardio workout plan.. and now my 1 hour of weights and 1 hour of cardio is reduced to only one hour of cardio..

can you even get a six pack without doing weight training... i mean i think my only options are... run bike swim hike elliptical and ... uh yeah....

thats supposed to get me my six pack???? UUUGGGHHHH!!!! :'(

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    You're talking like you're never going to be able to lift weights again. It's just four weeks. Keep up with your cardio and then reintroduce weights when you can. You'll be fine.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    This sucks. Even if you go down to the corner market and get a six-pack of beer, you will be lifting weights with your wrist (OK, OK, so you can carry it in your other hand...)

The bottom line is, as you pointed out, that it will be much easier attaining your goals with all body parts functioning normally. I think your best bet is to do whatever you can to get that wrist to heal, and then return to your regular workout. At this point in time, it is only a month away from the lifting.

That said, I wonder if there are some adaptive methods for weight lifting. I'm sure that there are lifting methods for people with carpal tunnel syndrome, or people who have lost a hand. Can your doc send you to a physical therapist so you can learn some of the adaptive techniques?
  • You need to understand that having abs has very little to do with weightlifting, and EVERYTHING to do with body fat. You can have the most amazing abs in the world, but if your body fat is anything over 10 or 12%, chances are you won't see them. So the silver lining for you is that sticking with cardio for a while will help reduce your bf %. Even without doing 1 crunch, if your bf is down under 10%, trust me, you will see a six-pack.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I agree with previous poster, your six pack will show through when you lower your body fat. The cardio will be excellent for this, along with a clean diet.

Every cloud has a silver lining :bigsmile:

And besides, you can still do lower body workouts, squats, lunges and even planks, which are good for your core. Just be careful of your wrist when getting on the floor.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • maletac
    well its not casted or anything he just wants me to take it light on the right wrist... so what im think i can still do lower body... but i dont really wanna be lower half muscles and no upper body.. so swimming might save that :\
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    well its not casted or anything he just wants me to take it light on the right wrist... so what im think i can still do lower body... but i dont really wanna be lower half muscles and no upper body.. so swimming might save that :\

You wont develop a huge lower body and a dwindling upper body in a month hun. No way!! :noway: You probably work your upper body much more than lower anyhow!! Most people do, so just time to pay it more attention :wink:
  • maletac

You wont develop a huge lower body and a dwindling upper body in a month hun. No way!! :noway: You probably work your upper body much more than lower anyhow!! Most people do, so just time to pay it more attention :wink:

LOL maybe your right hahahaha
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    You can still use a light weight when you do your abs - wear an ankle weight above your elbow
This discussion has been closed.