Coping skills

Options
2»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I put on my kickboxing gear and go punch/kick the crap out of a punching bag.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Meditation oasis has a good and free series on meditation. There are also a few apps out there.

1. Go for a walk or run
    2. Go for a drive. Nothing more therapeutic than driving around with loud music on
    3. Journal. I used to do this, but got too paranoid that someone would read it. Oh wait, it was read several times.
    4. Take a bath.
    5. Do a meditation/relaxation exercise. It sounds a little hokey, but try to find a few 5-10 minute exercises to start you off. There is an app I really like called 'Relax and Rest'. Besides that sometimes I just put on spa music and do the relax each part of your body thing.

I use the Meditation Oasis apps. They are wonderful!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    DO NOT start smoking again! I quit a long time ago ad I can speak from experience, starting again is a waste of money and health. Find someone to go walking with or join a gym. Trainers can walk you through this bad situation and all your friends on MFP can also give you lots of support. We are there for you.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have never smoked so I don't know what it feels like first hand but I know that the addiction can be hard to break, so I just wanna say how amazing you are for fighting the urge! You should be really, really proud of yourself!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Yes you do have coping skills. You are here aren't you? :flowerforyou:
    Besides, I think I used every coping skill I had when my kids were young!
    You will be ok. There are some really great suggestions here.