13»

Replies

• Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    *saving to read later*
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I believe it's called Night time eating disorder. There is a such thing and as far as I know there isn't a lot of research on this topic.

It's probably not a disorder for most people, I assume that would be extreme cases? I would assume that one is more likely to eat at night because they generally are at home and have access to food. When you're at work or school, it's a much more structured environment where there is restrictive etiquette around eating, not always access, and often a cost associated with it.

I save my calories for night (eating light meals through out the day) because I like the tradition of coming home to a warm, filling dinner and then eating something sugary while I watch an episode of whatever series I'm into before bed.
  • KettyLoyd
    KettyLoyd Posts: 51
    Options
    I also have the same issue before some months. But no one could help me for it. Its all depend on you will power. If you will decide to leave this weakness, then only you can do this.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I just work with it!

I've ALWAYS liked to eat at night. I could go all day without a scrap of food, but at night I'm a ravenous beast and want to eat all the food everywhere.

Basically, I just save most of my calories for at night.

I may eat 500 calories the whole day and save the other thousand for dinner and dessert.

I've lost a good amount of weight, so it obviously works for me.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. sometimes i can beat it when i have enough groceries... if i have pod peas or cherry tomatoes or blueberries or something i just grab those and dont feel bad.

and then i found pita chips. and for two weeks.... yea. no more pita chips in my house. then there was the taffy fiasco... no more taffy either.

basically i have to keep the fridge stocked with sweet or crunchy vegetables and fruit and they keep me mostly ok. and not keep the house stocked with munchies. when i do buy munchie type snacks i buy something low fat and crunchy and salty.. like trader joes mini thin rice crackers... and split them into serving sizes, mark the bags with calories, and keep them far away from the couch. i save for enough calories to munch some because i will always want to and i dont want to fight myself my whole life.
  • geraint125
    geraint125 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is my problem as well. My weakness is Mars Bar Ice Creams.!! It started as one around 9pm and it has now turned into 3 between 9pm and 10pm. I've always liked the end of day treat and I see it as part of my relaxation ... I'm not even hungry!! Thanks for the post and all the tips.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I doesn't have such type problem, i always take my meals time to time, Sometimes evening eating is become weakness for someone so that they feel very hungry that time and they want anything for eating at that time, I think it becomes your habit of eating in evening because you daily eat in that time, I suggest you that it is not bad habit but you always eat healthy at that time so that you can feel healthier and it also not support to weight gain.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think its a brilliant idea to budget for it, so I can feel satisfied and not like Im going without. You know, sometimes the most obvious things aren't so obvious until you ask them! :flowerforyou:
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    What's a Rennie? Do you mean like Rolaids or tums? I like your statement that "hunger is not an emergency".
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Weight Watchers have a candy bar ice cream bar that is pretty good.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Sage advice! Thanks.