trouble gaining from ed

Options
hiya im trying to gain weight to recover from anorexia my problem is i cant seem to get upto my calorie/protein goal but always hit my carb if i add more food ill go over my carbs goal confussed what to do any ideas??:smile:

Replies

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine if you go over your carb goal, in your case it's a minimum. So are the calories and protein; if you need to go over on your carbs to hit your protein and calorie goals, do it.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Maybe nuts or scoops of peanut butter to up protein and calories?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    hiya im trying to gain weight to recover from anorexia my problem is i cant seem to get upto my calorie/protein goal but always hit my carb if i add more food ill go over my carbs goal confussed what to do any ideas??:smile:

You're trying to gain weight so you need to hit your calorie goal first, worry about macros second.

Things like full fat dairy, avocado, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, salmon, beef, pork will help increase cals.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fish, chicken, meats, yoghurt, milk are good sources of fibre
    dont worry that your going over your carb goal, just hit your calories goal <3 goodluck, add me for support if you need it
  • superhippo95
    superhippo95 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't worry about going "over" on anything just under
    hitting your protein and fats is essential to live
    fats regulate hormones ad protein builds and repairs tissue and muscle
    eat more caloric dense options: pasta, steak, butter, peanut butter, whole milk, cheese, nuts, avocado, eggs, fatty fish, oats, dried fruit, icecream, pancakes, cake, donuts, pizza, fries, candy
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    As other people have pointed out, you can go over.