I should have just turned around :(

kewkdb
kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I went out for my hike today and I completely forgot to change into my exercise boxers :( I usually wear boxers that are tight and go down slightly on each leg. My normal boxers are briefs that are really loose. Now I am chafing on my inner thighs ugh :( I should have just went back home and put on the right boxers. Hopefully I will be alright to exercise tomorrow. I plan on putting vasaline on the painful areas... and wearing the correct boxers >_<

Replies

• Ouch! My co-worker has an anti-chafing stick... it looks like a stick of deodarant but smaller. I haven't ever tried it so I can't tell you if it works or not, but if vaseline doesn't work maybe you should give it a try.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Gold Bond Powder bro....thats all I gotta say
  • Thanks for the visual... lol jk. Hope it doesn't hinder your workouts!!
  • yep. gold bond or baby powder. owies :(
  • Women have the same problem. You learned a valuable lesson and I'm sure it won't happen to you again. Good Work hiking!
  • kewkdb
    Is gold bond for treatment, prevention, or both? Would standard baby powder suffice?
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Ouch! My co-worker has an anti-chafing stick... it looks like a stick of deodarant but smaller. I haven't ever tried it so I can't tell you if it works or not, but if vaseline doesn't work maybe you should give it a try.

Dry deod works just as well, I have used many a time in the summer.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Is gold bond for treatment, prevention, or both? Would standard baby powder suffice?

If you use GB powder for treatment, be prepared for it to really sting. It's great, but it will hurt.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    I trained for a half marathon and never had a problem, until about 4 miles into the race itself. I feel for you man.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member

I call it a breahtmint for your_______.......hahahaa
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Yep, learned that lesson myself. I always look for those boxers that go down the legs slightly.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Yowch.
    I concur on the gold bond powder. A little neosporin isn't a bad idea either.

For anyone who has this problem regularly, one of my best guy friends is an avid cyclist, and swears by a product called (I'm not kidding) DZ-NUTS to prevent chafing in uh...sensitive areas.
  • kewkdb
    Yowch.
    I concur on the gold bond powder. A little neosporin isn't a bad idea either.

For anyone who has this problem regularly, one of my best guy friends is an avid cyclist, and swears by a product called (I'm not kidding) DZ-NUTS to prevent chafing in uh...sensitive areas.

LOL!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Another good pair of "boxers" to wear, that are a hit among motorcyclist, are from LDComfort. They are a dual layer, moisture wicking material that really pulls sweat away from the skin. They have shorts, and full leggings available (along with arm sleeves). They are seamless as well, so you don't have to worry about those rubbing either.

Check out some of the videos online. They really work. http://www.ldcomfort.com/
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member

That's how I think of it, too, but mostly because of the cool minty-fresh feeling. Kind of chilling to the core, really.

And I think that I'd opt for Gold Bond over baby powder. If nothing else, you really don't want that area to smell ... well, like a baby. Seriously, think about that for a second, haha.
  • kewkdb

That's how I think of it, too, but mostly because of the cool minty-fresh feeling. Kind of chilling to the core, really.

And I think that I'd opt for Gold Bond over baby powder. If nothing else, you really don't want that area to smell ... well, like a baby. Seriously, think about that for a second, haha.

I've been married for 16yrs. Not all that worried about my under areas smelling like baby powder :D I only asked about baby powder because it was readily available tho :)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    I've been married for 16yrs. Not all that worried about my under areas smelling like baby powder :D I only asked about baby powder because it was readily available tho :)
    I imagine that's something your wife would never let you live down, though. Think about it. ;)
  • kewkdb
    I used neosporin last night and goldbond this morning. Think I will be good today :) Tho just to be safe I'm going to go hiking on a steep inclined hill for less leg movement >_<
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Rub silicone lube between your legs!

This works wonders for men and women! It feels and works just as if you were wearing nylons. (Yes I'm aware boys to wear nylons :laugh: )

Sorry for your troubles...hope things feel better soon. :wink:
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    I almost always apply deodrant in those areas when wearing dresses/shorts/etc! always have even when i was thinner and especially in the summer!
This discussion has been closed.