Is a homemade 78 calorie clafoutis an "okay" midnight snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• gcdn
    gcdn Posts: 42
    Options
    Actually for today I'm not really sure.I ate one whole fish which my mom steamed for dinner.But I guess that's okay.Not like I eat it everyday.I'm trying to increase my metabolism by eating every 2-3 hours tho.I can't really stomach anything filling in one meal as I get full really fast.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Actually for today I'm not really sure.I ate one whole fish which my mom steamed for dinner.But I guess that's okay.Not like I eat it everyday.I'm trying to increase my metabolism by eating every 2-3 hours tho.I can't really stomach anything feeling in one meal as I get full really fast.

That's not going to do anything for your metabolism if you are eating as low as you are.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, I hope you will use the link and the advice of the previous posters to find someone to talk to about your issues with food. Continuing on this road is not healthy.

Please, talk to your doctor or a therapist.
  • gcdn
    Options
    You could eat the entire thing almost six times over before you gained a pound. I'd certainly not worry about 156 calories' worth. Do you mind me asking for your recipe? I love clafoutis; cherries are so good this time of year - I had no idea it was so reasonable in terms of calories.
    In summary, in my opinion it's fine, don't worry about it.
    If you cant relax about it, go for a walk, you'll burn those calories in about a mile and a half.

That's cause you used the full recipe.The full recipe gives you a slice which is as thick as one cheesecake.Mine was much lighter & you don't feel stuffed after one piece.But sure,here's the recipe :

1 1/2 eggs (1 1/2 egg yolk and all the whites)
    1/2 cup low fat milk
    1/4 cup caster sugar or brown sugar
    46g of all purpose flour
    125g blueberries
    A pinch of salt
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    And you could add some lemon/orange zest for extra tanginess.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Please stop starving yourself. It's not going to help you lose weight, and it's going to lead to serious health problems.
  • gcdn
    Options
    Actually for today I'm not really sure.I ate one whole fish which my mom steamed for dinner.But I guess that's okay.Not like I eat it everyday.I'm trying to increase my metabolism by eating every 2-3 hours tho.I can't really stomach anything feeling in one meal as I get full really fast.

That's not going to do anything for your metabolism if you are eating as low as you are.

Thing is,I don't really eat calorie-dense food because my meals mainly consist of fruits,veggies,tofu & beans mainly because I don't like eating meat.And I do have a problem in having 300 calorie meals because I need to eat those stuff in LARGE quantities since they're so low in calories.I usually get full even before finishing my meal.Also,I don't snack on biscuits or cookies or those unhealthy junk.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Thing is,I don't really eat calorie-dense food because my meals mainly consist of fruits,veggies,tofu & beans mainly because I don't like eating meat.And I do have a problem in having 300 calorie meals because I need to eat those stuff in LARGE quantities since they're so low in calories.I usually get full even before finishing my meal.Also,I don't snack on biscuits or cookies or those unhealthy junk.

I'm starting to feel trolled.

If you aren't a troll, I'll put this up for you one more time: www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

Bolded it for you OP, you seem to have missed it a couple of times :flowerforyou:
  • gcdn
    Options
    Why are you guys so mean :(
  • musiclover103
    musiclover103 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OP seems to be ignoring all the people suggesting she might have an ED.
    seek help, love. you don't wanna go down that path.

www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

:flowerforyou:
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options

gc, no one wants to be mean to you. eating as few calories as you are eating a day is not healthy and you can really hurt yourself by doing so. you should not be eating less than 1200 calories a day (that's including those you burned from exercise). clafoutis is a delicious snack, though, :) you should not worry about having it.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    mean???? really???? yes, people are soooo mean when they try to help you by telling you that you are not eating enough and putting your health at risk? or is it the people that told you it was ok, breath, log it and move on??? omg so mean!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Nobody is being mean by holding a mirror to you. You have major food issues. Eating less than 1k a day at 18? You're still growing FFS. Get help.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    People who are trying to get you to stop doing something that's a serious danger to your health aren't mean. We're trying to urge you to stop hurting yourself before your energy level plummets, your hair starts breaking and falling out, and you put yourself at risk for damaging your bones and heart. NOT trying to help you would be mean.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Mean? I'm sorry you perceive the advice to see a professional for your eating disorder as mean. You are already underweight, starving yourself of nutrients and food (no, people, not as in "starvation mode" :wink:) on a very low calorie diet, and you are still trying to lose weight. You also seem to categorize food as good and bad. These are all classic symptoms of an eating disorder.

I think the reason you have been avoiding those comments about seeing a professional for your eating disorder is because you've probably heard this kind of stuff plenty in real life.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

I don't know how old you are, but for the adults on MFP that have children, we would never stand by and let one of them do something to harm themselves. If we're wrong - okay. But if we're right - telling you to find someone to talk to is way outside the definition of mean.

What you are doing is harming yourself. Maybe you don't see any healthy issues today. Maybe not tomorrow. But if you continue to eat so little, your organs are not going to just go on forever. Take the advice and talk to someone.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

It doesn't take a large quantity of fruit and beans to hit 300. A half cup of most beans is 300 calories alone. Add a banana, you're over 400.

I sometimes wish there was a separate forum for 'weight loss for those with very low BMI'.

It looks like she started this diet last Sunday, so I'm sure she'll learn soon it's not sustainable. Don't all teen girls try a crash diet or two in their lives? You torture yourself for a few days or weeks, lose a few lbs., fall off, gain it all back. Next time you try something different.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it... The time you eat something doesn't matter.. All that matters for weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Plus even if you are 156 calories over your goal one day, that isn't a big deal :)
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Actually for today I'm not really sure.I ate one whole fish which my mom steamed for dinner.But I guess that's okay.Not like I eat it everyday.I'm trying to increase my metabolism by eating every 2-3 hours tho.I can't really stomach anything filling in one meal as I get full really fast.

Also eating more times a day does not increase your metabolism. That's a myth
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

It doesn't take a large quantity of fruit and beans to hit 300. A half cup of most beans is 300 calories alone. Add a banana, you're over 400.

I sometimes wish there was a separate forum for 'weight loss for those with very low BMI'.

It looks like she started this diet last Sunday, so I'm sure she'll learn soon it's not sustainable. Don't all teen girls try a crash diet or two in their lives? You torture yourself for a few days or weeks, lose a few lbs., fall off, gain it all back. Next time you try something different.

Some die from their eating disorders

Also just a few too many references to Mom. Don't forget y'all 18 is a popular default age for people too young to be on the forums and fudge their date of birth.