What is your favorite protein powder?

Options
Hey everyone!

Sometimes I'll have a Quest protein bar if i'm low on protein for the day, but they are getting too expensive. I'm a broke student and can't really afford to repeatedly buy them so I'm going to switch to a protein powder since it will last longer.

I don't really know which one I should buy so I was wondering if you guys could recommend your favorite brands.
I'll be using it to aid in my weight loss.

Thank you!!

Replies

• fitsporation96
    Options
    Hi

I use pulsin soya protein, it is quite good and reasonably priced.
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition Gold Standard, chocolate mint, and cinnamon bun are good, I hear MTS whey from tigerfitness.com is good but have yet to order it. The Optimum Nutrition stuff is about 130 calories, 22 grams of protein I think, its in my diary which is open to the public.
  • claychick2
    claychick2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dream whey protein. The chocolate is great in smoothies. The vanilla isn't my favorite, but it's drinkable.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. All the flavors I've tried taste great. I normally just stick with Chocolate, but I had a Vanilla Toffee or something like that which was tasty. Mix it with milk and it tastes much better than water, but I've mixed with water a few times to save some calories. 1 scoop (not including milk) gives you -

Calories - 120
    Fat - 3
    Carbs - 1
    Protein - 24

I get mine on Amazon. Free shipping with Prime.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Optimim Nutrition Mocha Cappuccino is also tasty. Better to get it online from BB.com but lately it seems GNC is coming way down in price to try and compete with online sellers.
  • pcolvard
    pcolvard Posts: 2
    Options
    Sunwarrior and Juice Plus are my favorite ones. I don't do whey.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Sometimes I'll have a Quest protein bar if i'm low on protein for the day, but they are getting too expensive. I'm a broke student and can't really afford to repeatedly buy them so I'm going to switch to a protein powder since it will last longer.

I don't really know which one I should buy so I was wondering if you guys could recommend your favorite brands.
    I'll be using it to aid in my weight loss.

Thank you!!

I have used a variety. I prefer MonsterV from the Protein Factory.

That being said, if you enjoy having your protein in bar form, there are other options beside Quest bars that are quite a bit cheaper with similar macros.
  • ClinicalTrial
    ClinicalTrial Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars too.

Anyway, Optimum Nutrition's Extreme Milk Chocolate + Cookies and Cream.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Phd diet protein - the chocolate is really nice!
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate and French Vanilla Creme...they both are great and low calorie. The chocolate is 120 calories per scoop and the French Vanilla is 110 calories per scoop.
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ON 100% gold standard whey
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    BioX. The chocolate flavor is unreal - tastes just like milk chocolate! And the banana is amazing too - like those popsicles I used to get when I was a kid. Choc Peanut butter i,ve heard is out of this world, but I just get chocolate and mix with PB2 when the need strikes haha.

I don,t get that so many people like ON. I've tried it a few times and it's nasty.
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've tried quite a few and Shakeology is still my favorite.
  • koojiesistah
    koojiesistah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm using Raw Protein (Vanilla) and I like it very much.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    As many others have said i use optimum nutritions gold standard whey, tasty too
  • newport08
    newport08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vega One Sport Recovery is amazing (vanilla). Combines all essential amino acids, taste great even if only with water, and has 26grams of protein per scoop. You can find some great deals online, although it is a bit expensive. You do get what you pay for though.
  • danaph3681
    danaph3681 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey in Cake Batter was my last powder I had and it was great. Just got in Infinite Labs Whey Delite in Peanut Butter Cookie flavor today and it is like eating a peanut butter cookie. Has bits of Peanut butter in it! I am in love with my protein! Price is reasonable on both of the ones I mentioned as well.
  • TWA84
    TWA84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. All the flavors I've tried taste great. I normally just stick with Chocolate, but I had a Vanilla Toffee or something like that which was tasty. Mix it with milk and it tastes much better than water, but I've mixed with water a few times to save some calories. 1 scoop (not including milk) gives you -

Calories - 120
    Fat - 3
    Carbs - 1
    Protein - 24

I get mine on Amazon. Free shipping with Prime.

^^^ this, but I usually buy mine from All Star Health.
  • rosie1694
    rosie1694 Posts: 5
    Options
    hey! I'm also a broke student; I currently use Protein world's Slender blend- it's low calorie (146kcal), low carb and low fat (like 2 grams i think) with 29 grams of protein. it's fab, not too expensive and lasts a while too. I haven't explored much though so I couldn't comment on if there's anything better but I know this works for me so! Xxx