Working Out vs. A Cold

Options
I have had a cold for a little over a week and I have been so tired and can't breath through my nose and have a cough. This has really affected me because I haven't been to the gym or worked out since, and I am losing motivation very quickly. I have a feeling that once I get over my cold I will be back in my old mentality and won't work out. What should I do? I am still walking everywhere but that is it.

Any advise??

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i feel you. I was sick, then got better then got sick again a day later.
    I wanna excercise but i'm too sick too.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've had a horrible cold, stuffed nose, sore throat, ear ache, headache...the whole works. I haven't worked out because just being at work drains me, and it is not nearly as exhausting or strenuous. I too am losing motivation but know that my body needs this rest. My only advice is to take the break and slowly work back up to where you were over a weeks time. I've found that I quickly gain motivation again after a few days of being back on track.
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    i have been told that if you work out a lot when you are sick that it will delay your recovery. its probably true because i keep working out everyday since i have been sick and i am still sick. it's been like 2 weeks atleast. but i know i will gain weight if i dont work out, it sucks!! lol
  • eves5ks
    eves5ks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I am sick, believe it or not, I swim. The wellness center that I belong to, has a pool that is kept quite warm. I don't know if it is the humidity or what, but as soon as I get in the water, it is as if my nose was never stuffy at all.