Hello!

chyrece
chyrece Posts: 12 Member
I'm 51 and peri-menopausal. Always a size 10/12 who never had problems dropping weight if I needed to, and now I find myself at a solid 223 lbs. that refuses to budge. I don't eat alot, but I'm sure I don't make the best choices with any consistency -- I'm hoping this food diary will make me more aware of what I'm putting in my body. My biggest challenge is that I know I'm not as active as I should be. I've joined a gym, and am taking a new approach to this. Admittedly, I'm embarrassed to see people I haven't seen in awhile, because I'm so much heavier than I was, so I pass up alot of social invitations. I don't want this extra weight to control my life anymore. I'm a single mom of 2 kids that are both heading to college in the next 2-3 years and I want to be in place where I can confidently get out there again and live. Looking forward to sharing this journey, and mutual encouragement with everyone here. Let's get going!

Replies

• Meagodini
    Meagodini Posts: 5
    Hello! I have only been on here 3 weeks and have lost 10#, my daughter 4 weeks and has lost 20#. Make sure you stick to your daily calories. I was doing half of mine and quit losing weight for 10 days. Now I am eating the daily requirement and am losing again. Just a word of advice. :) This is the best way of eating I have ever found, it's quite easy. You can plan your meals in the morning. The recipe importer is great to use. You can even bring in your own recipes and it figures out the nutrition information. SO many wonderful things here to help. IF I can do it you can! Good Luck!
  • mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    You'll find a lot of helpful information and people with MFP. I have almost reached my weight loss goal and then I will figure out how to maintain...I can't wait lol

Add as many friends as you can to for help.:smile:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Welcome! Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Get a digital scale, and weigh everything you eat—even packaged food.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Great Advice! Thank you... I am finding it hard to finish all my calories. I think I need to plan better.. eat wiser...
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,425 Member
    Hi,
    You can do it.
    Just keep trying and be nice to yourself, you aren't going to have a great day everyday, but as long as you have more good than bad you'll get there.
    Good luck to you.