Hi

Options
A friend of mine told me about this site and it has proved so helpful. I had a recent health scare and God opened my eyes! My cardiologist would like for me to loose 30lbs in about 6 months. I'm a single mom with very little support at home. I think my biggest struggle is fitting in time to exercise. I'm not a moring person but am praying to become one!!!!

Replies

• 9194lisa
    Options
    Welcome! Exercises that can be easily done at home, with little/low cost equipment, and in small increments if you can only find five minutes at a time...jump rope or dance for cardio, resistance band or magic ring for strength. Involve your child/ren if you can and the whole family will have fun together :) For food, make sure to drink lots of water, and don't finish what's on the kids' plates --those calories add up. Keep lots of low cal stuff around...carrots, fruit, WASA crisps...vs junk food. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • pixymom1963
    pixymom1963 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! So far the kitchen is in good shape and I'm trying to fit in 30 min of walking on my lunch hour. Working in a busy doctors office makes it challenging!:happy: