Anxiety Disorder

Options
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone knows someone close to them that has an anxiety disorder? Mine's been weird lately, my "spells" if you will seem to come out of the blue, and nervousness for no apparent reason, my doctor put me up on my medicine for my depression, do you think maybe that's why it's started to get bad? I think this happens the last time, but I can't remember, :/
Anyways, just curious if other people have this too,

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have an anxiety disorder. What type of medication are you on? Some of them can have side effects that factor into our anxiety disorder. Zoloft did it to me. It was suppose to be for it but it made it worse when I was on it.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Definitely.

3 years ago I got off all my meds (I was on them for 5 years) I was mainly on Effexor. At my worst and at the highest dose of effexor I was agoraphobic I was that anxious about going out and about and doing ANYTHING. I changed meds and it got better (not fully) in the last 3 years I have managed without being on meds, but I still get nervous / anxious about going to the shops at times. But it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    I think I'm on Zoloft too, I'm on Lorazepam (when needed) and Sertraline, I take that one daily, my doctor did up my Sertraline to 100 mg, (from 75 mg) think that could be the cause? My attacks are pretty severe, I get shakiness, lightheaded, crying, hyperventilating, dizzy, sometimes if it gets really bad my gag reflex kicks in and I choke :(
  • keysr
    keysr Posts: 19
    Options
    I also have anxiety and I know that stating a medication can effect you so I think that has something to do with it. Maybe it also has to do with something environmental, maybe a recent lifestyle change (diet/ exercise/ daily routine/ etc.) because I know that my "spells" normally come after change (either dramatic or slight) which is difficult. Try and remember when they came and what you were doing an hour or ten minutes before, and that might give you some answers, it might seem "out of the blue" but maybe your body/mind is reacting to something late.

Good luck! I'm right there with you
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Zoloft sucked for me.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
    didn't realize it's pretty common, you usually don't see or hear about other people that have it, although in my case with my TS and OCD, depression, not everyone has everything I have :P
  • gk4chf
    Options
    Things that I have found to profoundly cut down on panic/anxiety attacks are: low sugar foods, no caffeine, and a lot of exercise... that completely rids any symptoms that I have.
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It may be helpful to try a probiotic supplement if anxiety prevents you from eating well. My son had this recently and the over-the-counter supplements really settled him down. He quit caffeinated coffee and pop at the same time.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    I'm eating very healthy, and I get all decaf stuff, (pop, coffee, tea) the only thing I really have anyways it tea, but I always make sure it's decaf, :)