UK size 22 to size 12!

Options
RedheadQuine
RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
Last week I found a dress I fell in love with - this rarely if ever happens to me! Unfortunately the only sizes were a 10 (us 6) and a 6 (us 2). I'm a UK 14-16 (us 10-12). I searched everywhere online and in all the local stores I could. Got all my Facebook friends checking their local stores for me. No luck. :-( Well at the weekend I found one, in a size 12 (us 8) and even my hubby said he didn't think it would fit. I figured it was worth trying anyway since I couldn't find my size anywhere. Well guess what? It fit! I don't think I've worn that size since I was about 14! Crazy! And I uploaded the pic to my Facebook so my friends would know they didn't need to search for it anymore.. It has 105 likes. I'm amazed! I guess I just happened on the perfect dress for me. I don't know about you all but the thing is that when I was overweight I had lots of gorgeous clothes. It was my way of trying to make myself feel better. A £80 Joe Brown's dress was my way of boosting my confidence. Since I lost weight I've been reluctant to spend much until I get where I am happy with myself. Then I will feel justified at spending out on stuff. So to find this dress that I adore, and it was on clearance too.. I finally have something I feel great in. And it feels good. :-)

2014-07-14_000148_zpsd104d2bf.jpg

Replies

• Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh congrats!!! That dress is absolutely beautiful and looks amazing on you!!
  • maireailbhe
    maireailbhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can see why you wanted it---that dress is gorgeous! And so are you!! Congrats on your weight loss!! :D
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful....love the dress,
  • theresabeasley
    theresabeasley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful! The look on your face is so serene. Bravo you!!
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Your figure is so lovely. And you make the dress look good. You've worked so hard for this and it wasn't a quick job, but you got the rewards. I'm so looking forward to being in your shoes.
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What a transformation. You look amazing and the dress is gorgeous , really accentuates your small waistline. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.
  • healthyNEWday4me
    Options
    Congratulations. Gorgeous dress and it fits you perfect! Way to go!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and that is most definitely a beautiful dress, the color is great on you! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Adorable dress, and you look great!
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I looove dresses and I absolutely love that dress you picked out :love: AND it's in my favorite color! You look beautiful in it. :flowerforyou:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Dress is gorgeous on you!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! The dress looks fantastic.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!! love the dress and the braids!!! :smile:
  • Sparkitty
    Sparkitty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love the dress! Way to go! You look fantastic.
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in that dress! Congratulations!!
  • DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    you look great....congrats!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    lovely dress. you are looking great!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Really nice dress, really suits you and I must say, you look very pretty.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!