One Year Of Cold Showers

Options
This was recommended as a way to provide relief for my sore muscles. The first attempt was downright scary, the next week I decided to try it again. Behold it was not bad. One year later I refuse to get into a hot shower, I no longer enjoy the steam. I will note the winter months were tough, but I still wanted the ice shower.

Anyone else tried long term cold showers?

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hell no. lol
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Only when I have a sunburn, in which case hell YES.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    ummm-no.gif
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I take cold showers during the summer, because I don't have AC, and it can get a bit warm. The cold feels amazing.
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sorry...not me. I'll take your word for it! Closest I've come is cool showers when it's hot and humid or when I have sunburn.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Only when I have a sunburn, in which case hell YES.
    Even then it's like noooo I really don't want to
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use them after intense workouts to "shock" the muscles and speed healing- it works great. Shortens recovery time and prevents next day soreness.

Just don't take one on a first date- women don't know about shrinkage...
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I live in the desert. Cold showers are my life for six months out of the year. Except now, when the desert has completely run out of cold water. I turn on only the cold faucet, no hot at all...but it's still lukewarm. Very sad and no relief.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yep. I started doing that in winter 2005 in upstate New York. Sure is nice after a workout.
    Also great for hair growth. My hair and skin are no longer dry. I am hot all the time so maybe
    that has something to do with it.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yep. I started doing that in winter 2005 in upstate New York. Sure is nice after a workout.
    Also great for hair growth. My hair and skin are no longer dry. I am hot all the time so maybe

Yes, I have eczema and I can't manage hot water on my skin. It's terrible. And the 'hot all the time' thing...I hear you!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Yes, I have eczema and I can't manage hot water on my skin. It's terrible. And the 'hot all the time' thing...I hear you!

I'm opposite, I'm cold all the time (Due to medical conditions) even living in Florida! I can't IMAGINE taking a COLD shower even ONE day!!! Brrrrrrr!!!!
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    i so expected this to be about something else :wink:
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I use them after intense workouts to "shock" the muscles and speed healing- it works great. Shortens recovery time and prevents next day soreness.

Just don't take one on a first date- women don't know about shrinkage...

Yes we do!
  • kissmeplease305
    Options
    Cold showers are the best, once you get used to it you never wanna go back to hot!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This was recommended as a way to provide relief for my sore muscles. The first attempt was downright scary, the next week I decided to try it again. Behold it was not bad. One year later I refuse to get into a hot shower, I no longer enjoy the steam. I will note the winter months were tough, but I still wanted the ice shower.

Anyone else tried long term cold showers?

Yes and a serious yes I have and actually i LOVED THEM. I get cold easy too because of my body weight and um winter was more bearable. It sounds contradictory but the cold outside had nothing on the showers I was taking so yes.

I don't anymore except when I want my skin to glow (pores close) and hair to shine or am in need to rejuvenate. Yes a cold shower will revive your energy and mentality as well! I don't go on the coldest right away so I move the shower knob over by an inch and slowly adjust and with in a minute Im already on the coldest water temperature- I wanted to try the Polar Bear swim where people go swimming in the winter -yeah. I will pass as when I was taking them cold showers it was for a year and I stopped.

I will always love my warm to hot showers. I get really cold easily and hubby doesn't like the place too warm (energy costs:grumble: :smile: ) in the winter so yeah the steamiest bath or shower for winter for now please or until we move somewhere warm then I can resume cold showers:) I like that balance of temperature outside vs. inside some times. When I have hot water hitting my forehead it does wonders for my stress and sleep inducing as well:)
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Ok mind out of the gutter please:)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    One week out of every month my wife stops talking to me and I find myself taking a lot of cold showers. The rest of the time I like them boiling hot though.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've done it. It seriously increases blood flow first thing in the morning. People with high blood pressure should avoid them at all cost due to the sudden elevation in heart rate can cause a stroke. I don't take them all the time now but in the summer I do,
  • CamilleJackie350
    Options
    Came into thread expecting post about correlation between cold showers and test levels.

Leaving disappointed.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Me too!