Time to eat

Options
I always find myself with extra calories at the end of my day because I work so much I tend to skip meals. Once I get to dinner, I exceed those calories I had left over because im starving. What should I do?

Replies

• curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Take some time to figure your way of getting food in you a few times a day before dinner. The only way for you is to plan ahead and bring food with you to work. Your not eating all day is an old habit. You can change this behavior but it is a little work on your part. you are worth the time and the effort to succeed.

Eat meals and snacks throughout the day. When you shop, buy good options and keep your kitchen stocked all the time with good options.

Stick to basic foods, like whole grains, lean proteins, vegetables without heavy sauces or fats, fresh fruit, measured dried unsweetened fruit, (you need to weigh or measure dried fruit), have a sugar free breakfast. if you can, cut out sugar. You need nutrients, not added sugar.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I always find myself with extra calories at the end of my day because I work so much I tend to skip meals. Once I get to dinner, I exceed those calories I had left over because im starving. What should I do?

eat more during the other meals.

your health should come before anything else.
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Your body is used to skipping meals. Carve out the 10 minutes you need to get a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Allow yourself 20 minutes mid day to get lunch, even if it is something small, a yogurt, protein bar, sandwich and soup. After you start to nourish your body throughout the day, you will find yourself hungry for those meals at the right times and not overtaxed by the time dinner time rolls around. Make sure your choices have a good balance of protein and fat too, those help you feel satiated.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    You also practise not exceeding at dinner time, even though you're very hungry. Pause.
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You gotta plan better, girl! I feel like that's all I do now, plan meals. Each night I plan what I'm having the next day, at least part of the day and I pack for work accordingly. You gotta make time. You're worth it.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

If you're sure it's hunger causing you to over-eat at dinner and then exceed your calories then a reasonable thing to try would be to eat more calories before dinner. Additionally I'd consider structuring it such that you're eating actual meals vs continual snacking as this may also provide greater satiety.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Don't skip meals. Problem solved
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

If you're sure it's hunger causing you to over-eat at dinner and then exceed your calories then a reasonable thing to try would be to eat more calories before dinner. Additionally I'd consider structuring it such that you're eating actual meals vs continual snacking as this may also provide greater satiety.

I have a tendency to under eat period, without exceeding my daily goal, so yes, don't skip meals, eat more, especially at breakfast, and don't skimp on protein.