Finally have the motivation to be healthy for life.

Options
A month ago, I had my gallbladder removed. I should have had it done years ago, I kept putting off going to the doc for the pain. Finally went in May, they found "tons of gallstones" and I was scheduled for surgery in July. I ended up having to have it done in mid-June because I had a horrible "attack". I've never felt so sick in my life. My gallbladder was so inflamed that it was the size of an eggplant. My surgeon said it was one of the worse she has seen. Fast forward one month, I feel SO MUCH BETTER than before the surgery. I felt better the day after I had it done. I didn't realize how crappy I felt before until now. I decided after the surgery that I will never allow myself to end up sick due to the bad things I have eaten. I've struggled with my weight my whole adult life. My surgery was on June 12, and I have lost 16 pounds already, with another 50 to go. I'm exercising daily, eating good choices and I'm determined to meet my goal before I turn 50 next year!

My advice to all of you fellow fitness seekers out there (not that you asked, but here goes) is do NOT ignore pain you are in. I ignored mine because I was so busy with work and life in general. My surgeon said to me "you put your job before your health...if something terrible had happened to you, your job would replace you in a day". Harsh words, yes...but very true. Best of luck to us all!

Replies

• mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Glad your surgery went well and nothing worse happened to you before it's removal.