Follow- Up Please be honest I have cried enough tonight!

Options
Ok. So I am sure some of you saw and responded to my question about the early pregnancy tests that were positive. Well that was 2 days ago. I have had 4 positives between Monday and Tuesday. Today I took 4 more pretty much right in a row and they all were negative?/? Did I miscarry? What is wrong? Anyone else have this problem? I am so upset I thought we were pregnant! Thanks fro listening!

Replies

• MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It might just be too early to tell...sorry you're going through such a roller coaster!
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I once read that sometimes tests give false negatives, but it's extremely unlikely to get a false positive. It may be that your body isn't producing a big enough amount of the chemical that is detected on pregnacy tests. Out of curiosity are you using the same sort of test, or are the brands different? Perhaps they measure different things, which is why you're getting different results.

Try not to stress about anything yet. Go see your doctor and get them to perform a blood test for you. That's probably the best way to tell.

Just keep breathing and make an appointment asap. They will be the ones that will be able to give you the right information.

I wish you all the best and hope that this works out for you!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    You have to do this tests first thing in the morning otherwise the hormone which tests identify in your urine won't be enough concentrated to be detected.

Let us know.
    Prayers!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    I would follow up with a doctor visit. not tthat I know much about be pregnant.:smile::smile:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I bet you are pregnant!

Today when you tested was it first thing in the morning? That's when HCG in the urine will show up best (that's the pregnancy hormone). Also were you drinking lots of fluids and doing test after test? This could dilute your urine and make it not show up. Especially because it's so early....

HUGS to you sweetie. I think congratulations are in order!:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Also if you drank a lot of water before the tests (or other liquids) that would also significantly dilute your urine and could cause a false negative. I know what you're going through and I hope everything turns out. I know its hard to hear but be patient. When I thought I was pregnant I must have gone through 12 tests in a week and those were just store brands, I went to the doctor about 3 because I wanted to make sure. Just know you're not alone :)
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I would ask your doctor for a blood test to put your mind at ease - no mistakes there. If you took the tests rigt after each other, did you drink a bunch of water so you had to go? You could have diluted te hormone enough the test isn't picking it up. Try not to stress - I know easier said than done.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Go for the blood test at the dr. office!!!
  • justinswife
    justinswife Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I guess what I have is something like pee on a stick syndrome! My husband told me this is getting to be an expensive habit! When I tested today it was late evening and I was chugging water to make myself pee! I had three or 4 different generic ones. The ones that I got positive with on Monday were the Early response(the pink ones) Thanks for the answers and encouragement!
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was 7 months preggo & took a test as a joke and it came back negative. Make an appointment, you've had plenty turn out positive. Now let the OB check you out :flowerforyou:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Update when you can! I'm excited for you!:smile:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that false negatives occur much more frequently than false positive. Please go see your Dr about a blood test. I know that is what everyone is saying, but it is true. You need to get off of this roller coaster, your sanity needs it. Trust me, I have been there.:flowerforyou:
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The only problem with a very early pregnancy test is that many very early pregnancies go away before most people even know they are pregnant. I hope your pregnancy is one that is ready to continue! But an egg has many reasons beyond your control to grow or not to grow.

If it was faint it might be very low hormone levels. Very early, or not abundantly growing. They will get stronger as time goes by if the pregnancy continues. Or go down if the pregnancy can't keep up. Like others said before the levels are higher the first pee in the morning, so you can try again. Repeated peeing during the same day might not be as full of hormones to detect.

I had a miscarriage very early just like that. But got pregnant again the very next month! She was the best thing ever, and was the baby meant to be. Take a deep breath and try to get to tomorrow. Test with fresh morning pee, or get a blood test.
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i have also heard the best results are in the morning. Blood test at the dr's office is the best bet, however. Don't beat yourself up yet, it is way too early to tell for sure! Hang in there!
  • MaryBeth1989
    Options
    Hey hun,
    Perhaps I can help. The test pick up on your hormone levels. The most accurate way to tell is of course a blood test, a BHCG to be exact. Sometimes you do get false positives or negatives. I suggest drinking before you take the test and not taking so many so close together. If you are worried or unsure I would suggest seeing a Physician.
    Hope that helps!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I once read that sometimes tests give false negatives, but it's extremely unlikely to get a false positive. It may be that your body isn't producing a big enough amount of the chemical that is detected on pregnacy tests. Out of curiosity are you using the same sort of test, or are the brands different? Perhaps they measure different things, which is why you're getting different results.

Try not to stress about anything yet. Go see your doctor and get them to perform a blood test for you. That's probably the best way to tell.

Just keep breathing and make an appointment asap. They will be the ones that will be able to give you the right information.

I wish you all the best and hope that this works out for you!
    I agree. A false negative is easy, but to get a positive, that hormone's got to be there. Stop stressing (I know, easy for me to say) and go get a blood test tomorrow.
    Good luck!
  • momtodeshawn
    momtodeshawn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Go get a blood test done for a quantative hcg. How early are you? Are you using the same name brand of test, because different tests create different results.

If your numbers are low and the pregnancy doesn't "stick", it wouldn't be a miscarriage, it would be a chemical pregnancy. A miscarriage is after a heartbeat has been detected in an ultrasound (not that it makes you feel better to know that, but there is a difference).

I am a Gestational Surrogate, so I know a great deal (more than I should) about getting pregnant.

Good luck, my fingers are crossed for your tests to come back the way you want!! :)
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    just a suggestion, when you go to the doc make sure you request a blood test. When I went they did a urine test and ended up not waiting long enough to process the test. When I went to a clinic they did the same thing, but I was in the room so I requested they wait a bit longer, sure enough it came up positive. Blood tests are definitely the way to go as they are very accurate
  • Tina1128
    Options
    Hon -- you need to give yourself a break! Make an appointment with a dr for a blood test. If you must do another test do one first thing in morning -- no more! You are stressing yourself and maybe baby :))) Breathe -- the tests are not perfect. I had a false negative once because I tested too early after missing my period.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    take a breather! stressing out will def not help! the only way to know for sure is to go see a doc...they may even do a ultrasound just to be sure for you :)