Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I want to feel STUFFED again....

OK, so bit of a struggle sort of day today. I wasn't really too hungry. I was feeling very lazy so I didn't really want to bother cooking anything. But here is the thing... There was nothing specific that I wanted to eat - like I wasn't craving a specific sort of food or anything. What I was missing was mindlessly cramming some sort of food in my face until I was stuffed. Good, old fashioned if-I-eat-one-more-bite-I-might-barf sort of stuffed.

Now, I know it is emotional. I know it is being unhappy with my job and some undone projects around the house, etc. Like a sort of escapism for the uncomfortable stuff I am dealing with elsewhere. And to be clear, I did not really give into it. I wandered around the grocery store for about an hour trying to find something (non-chemical filled) that I could eat in enough quantity while still not blowing my calorie max out of the water. News flash - such a thing only exists in the lettuce section and that was not going to do the trick. So I walked out with a small bag of a low cal munchy crunchy thing because I didn't want to have any larger quantities in the house.

This is not the first time I have experienced this feeling, but it was the hardest that I have had to fight it so far. Sometimes a walk helps. I feel better now, but was wondering if anyone had suggestions for the next time? What is a good way to switch off the fact that feeling stuffed to the gills is somehow comforting?

Thanks!

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Well, at least you understand where those cravings come from. When I just have to eat a lot of something, I do watermelon or air-popped popcorn.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    I like to feel full also. so I eat that way. I skip breakfast. eat a normal lunch then the remainder of my calories for dinner.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Ohhhh, I SO get what you are talking about!!!! Don't have a solution, just wanted to say that I can relate!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    I eat twice a day. The mini-meals and snacks throughout the day -- that would feel weird to me.