Bigger bras in USA, and I mean BIG.

Options
Hi! As topic title:

Where can I buy larger bras in the US? I'm over here for 10 weeks, 4 weeks in and 3 of my bras have broken already, underwires poking out.

So, I'm trying to find places I can buy larger bras. And I'm not talking about Fs etc, I'm talking about the N/O end of the scale. I've had a look online but can't find anything, not sure what websites are reputable etc. If anyone had any advice I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't know of a regular store that would sell that size on the shelf. There may be some plus size stores that might special order them for you if you go get measured and order through the store. Otherwise, I would suggest looking online for custom sizing retailers.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Start with Amazon.com. There, you'll find some brands you are interested in. From there, I'd go to the manufacturer's site, contact THEM, and ask them where to find their product in person. Most American brands don't go above DDD (there's a few exceptions). So sizes above that are imported anyway. Good luck!
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just went to Lane Bryant today with my mom and saw that their bras go up higher than other stores (She has problems finding bras that go past size 40 and she's a size 42c) I saw that they had 44F and G and 46s etc. Don't know exactly what the biggest size that they have is but might be worth finding out. They're also having a sale at the moment buy 2 get 2 free so its a good opportunity to buy bras if they do carry your size.
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    a specialty store such as lady grace may , but I do not know for sure
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Goddess was a brand on Amazon that seemed to go up to those sizes in some of their styles.
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    bravissimo.com deliver world wide and are very reputable, top brands that last and the sizes range from 28 D to L cups, they also do a swimwear , nightwear and clothing range specially for the larger and extra larger cup sizes.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    In addition to bravissimo, I would look at herroom.com and figleaves.com...both sites offer a wide range of brands and an alphabet of sizes.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    a specialty store such as lady grace may , but I do not know for sure

Yes. Lady Grace is the best bet.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    In addition to bravissimo, I would look at herroom.com and figleaves.com...both sites offer a wide range of brands and an alphabet of sizes.

Figleaves is in the UK not the US. The order may take a while.
  • roxaneharker
    Options
    I realise it would not be instant but M and S now deliver free to the USA if they have what you need.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options

Figleaves is in the UK not the US. The order may take a while.
    I've had very good luck with HerRoom.com. Fast shipping and easy returns if something does not fit.
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    try women within and romans
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I would go to any lingerie store and asked to be fitted first- just to make sure you're still the same size as you believe yourself to be.

Victoria Secret is the only one I know of that's nation wide, but there are LOTS of smaller independent shops that will measure you for free as well. See what's in your area and good luck!
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My local Victoria's Secret won't measure you if it is obvious you won't fit in their bras but maybe their policy has changed; last time I tried at VS was when they first started advertising the service several years ago. I was able to get measured at a local Dillard's department store, but even they were a little off (which may be why VS wouldn't do it - usually have to confirm the size by trying some on).

As for the bras: Some Goddess bras go to that large a cup - check with Amazon. I've only worn the brand once (a local lingerie shop carried them, but it has since gone out of business) and it was pricey, but they got the job done.

Good luck.
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to every person here, I'm currently working my way through all the link. You ladies rock!
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My local Victoria's Secret won't measure you if it is obvious you won't fit in their bras but maybe their policy has changed; last time I tried at VS was when they first started advertising the service several years ago. I was able to get measured at a local Dillard's department store, but even they were a little off (which may be why VS wouldn't do it - usually have to confirm the size by trying some on).

As for the bras: Some Goddess bras go to that large a cup - check with Amazon. I've only worn the brand once (a local lingerie shop carried them, but it has since gone out of business) and it was pricey, but they got the job done.

Good luck.

I had no luck with VS. They told me they didn't carry anything above a 42 band size or DDD cup size
  • kahulalui
    kahulalui Posts: 33
    Options
    Fuller Figure Fuller Bust and The Lingerie Addict on Facebook can truly help you.

I myself have been measured at Lane Bryant.
  • swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think Oprah had some recs but I can't remember what they were
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I would go to any lingerie store and asked to be fitted first- just to make sure you're still the same size as you believe yourself to be.

Victoria Secret is the only one I know of that's nation wide, but there are LOTS of smaller independent shops that will measure you for free as well. See what's in your area and good luck!
    VS is useless for us bustier girls. They don't have anything over DD and will try to push you into that if you're anywhere close. I was a 36G before kids. Several times VS employees tried to insist that I try on 40 DDs when I was shopping with my less busty sister.

I haven't had good luck in general with those free fittings. The clerks don't seem to know what to do with those of us who don't fit the common sizes.

OP I second (third?) Herroom.com They've worked great for me in the past.
    Last I checked, Layne Bryant only goes up to H cups.
  • PeacefulSeraph
    PeacefulSeraph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a 36H that I buy at Lane Bryant- they're made nice, but unfortunately more expensive than most normal sized bra shops.