Over 300 lbs to lose

Options

Replies

• goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Turning the corner to start the journey is the hardest part - the rest is just one day at a time that is filled with discovery and change. Welcome to MFP!!
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    Welcome, hun! :D
    I used to be a vegan, quite a hardcore choice of diet but wonderful noneless :)
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but I am vegetarian. I wish you nothing but luck in your journey! You'll do great. This site has so many very supportive people to cheer you on, you can't help but be a loser, in the best sense of the word. :flowerforyou:
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have close to 200 lbs to lose. I hope we can help each other.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to start living healthier! MFP is an AMAZING tool!
    Good luck! xo
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The longest journey starts with but a single step. I'm with you on the "Diet". I still use the word occasionally but I go for the phrase weight loss.

I tell you this place works. We will support you in your journey.

I'm not sure what a vegan diet is but I don't believe in fads. I believe in living in the real world. I eat about everything I want just much smaller portions and keeping it below my daily allowance.

I still need to lose 145 lbs. So its going to take time.

I wish you well and I am so proud of you for taking this big step.

Add me as a friend if you like.
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. You've done the hard bit by signing up and deciding this is the beginning of your journey.

Now you can let us on MFP help you stay on track and focussed. And when you're not we're here to help.

I'll send you a friend request but you should join us in the over 300lbs club. It's the most wonderful group of people who I could not have done this without any one of them.
  • pandalady8
    pandalady8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is a wonderful tool, motivator, and support group all wrapped up into one. Feel free to add me as a friend if you don't have enough already :happy: I know it's daunting to look at the ticker when it has triple digits on it, but just look forward to the day when it says you've LOST triple digits! :laugh:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    When all is said and done I will be losing at least 245 lbs. Girl, I'm with you on this! We can do this!

I've lost 68 lbs so far and even though I have 177 more pounds to lose, I know that I'll get there! I'm so excited about this journey I'm on and I can't believe how much I've changed mentally and emotionally in the past 7 months. I'm stronger mentally as well as physically and doing things I never thought where possible!

We so got this in the bag, hun! We have a LOT of weight to lose and it's going to take a long time (if we do it the right way), but you know what? The time is going to pass no mater what, so we might as well be working at bettering ourselves during that time. "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." ~Earl Nightingale

This will probably take at least a couple of years, but 2 years from now we can be 200 lbs or more lighter, or we can be even heavier than we are (people or size almost never just sit at the same weight). So we may as well be making the healthier choices and losing the weight. :D The time passed regardless. This is it - everyday we have to recommit to ourselves, our bodies, and our health. I'm so glad you're on this journey with me! Maybe we can help support each other! Please feel free to add me to your friends list! :D *hugs*
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!! i wish you the best of luck! we are all here to support you along your journey!! :D
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yes it can't seem daunting, but tomorrow, next week, and next year will arrive. Just one day at a time and just watch what you can do. We are all here for you, welcome.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Options
    Meant. To write "can be daunting" . So hard to post on my stupid iPod.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Options
    Meant. To write "can be daunting" . So hard to post on my stupid iPod.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and best wishes for success in your journey! This is an amazing site full of wonderful people and great information!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Glad you found us. If you are looking for a group to join, The Over 300 Club here on MFP is a group with many members that have substantial amounts of weight they are looking to shed.

There are lots of informed helpful people on here and much useful information in the sticky notes.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find the love and support that you need to embark on this life changing journey. Stick with this program and success will be yours! Remember the only way to fail is to quit!!! Just hang in there! Even on the days that it doesn't seem like it is working or the days that you just don't feel like doing it. Just keep plugging away. Set good and realistic goals and know that it won't happen overnight but it will happen. It has taken me 5 years to lose 60+ pounds but if I hadn't stuck with it I would be here today saying that I need to lose 80 or 100 pounds!

Congratulations on your decisions to be here and to be healthy!!:flowerforyou:

D
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Sarah and I just wanted to introduce myself and see if there is anyone else that has a large amount of weight to lose so that we can connect. I have over 300 lbs to lose and it is very daunting but I'm excited about this journey.
    It's amazing where everyones breaking point is and mine is definitely here. I refuse to live this way any longer and I'm hoping that I will be able to encourage others along their journey as well.
    I have just begun a vegan diet and when I say diet I just mean my way of eating not "diet" in the traditional sense of the word. I think "diets" have done me more harm than good and I will never again "go on a diet".
    So here we are, all of us reaching for the same goal. Let's do it!
    I know what it is like to be over 400.:brokenheart:
    If you keep in touch with your weightloss pals and check in on MFP at least once a week
    you will find this site to be a very helpful tool .:smile:
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I only have a pound and a half to lose this week. Of course I also have a pound and a half to lose next week as well. So our goals are the same. It seems the best point is when the weight loss happens without thinking about it. When the right food choices, in the correct amounts, just happen.
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    :smile: Good morning to all!
    ~♥ ~♥~ ♥~ ♥~ ♥ ~♥ ~♥ ~♥~ ♥ ~
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Hello Sarah,

I had over 300 pounds to lose also. I now wish my WLS program would have made me lose about 100 pounds before surgery. The director of my program told me that now when he have patients over 450 pounds he asks them to lose about 50 to 100 pounds. You can do this babe.

With or without surgery it is a journey for sure. The WLS will afford you a chance to lose some of your weight very quickly. Taking the time to lose 100 is preparing you for a new healtier way of life.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need more support. MFP is a wonderful tool. It works if you work it and I like it because it is FREE also.