Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Surgery no longer an excuse...time to get my sexy back

Hi I am Robin. Long story short...I have been dealing with some physical issues for the last 7 years but the docs finally figured out what the heck is going on with my legs and so a few surgeries later, about a year of physical therapy, I am good to go and finally ready to hit the gym and gain control of my body again. It's amazing how being down can really upset the balance in one's life. My Gosh, these last few years due to all the surgeries and all the stress that comes with having medical issues have taken its toll on me and the family. I have battled depression, gained 50 lbs, gave up the job I loved, and my marriage suffered some. However, thank God my health has improved immensely and things are getting so much better on all fronts. I am finally in a good place and it's time to put all the surgeries behind me, move foward, and get my sexy back!

Replies

• BuddhaMom74
    BuddhaMom74 Posts: 147
    Hi Robin,

I'm in a similar situation. I had major emergency surgery last summer that left me with about a foot less of my small intestine and about a quarter of my bowel gone. It took a while to recover physically, and to figure out which foods would work and which wouldn't. I too have gained 50lbs in the last year since my surgery and it's time to get it off! I'm perfectly healthy today and have no physical or dietary restrictions - other than my shortened gastrointestinal track means looking for foods that digest easily!
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Exciting to see the page turn for you! The accountability here with friends makes a difference!