Snacking

Options
Hey guys....im a little confused!!

I know we should all try and eat 5 fruit and veg a day...no I usually snack twice a day on fruit then try and get 3 veg from my evening meal...however, if im not hungry so dont snack, is that ok?? Or should I make myslef eat the fruit to get my 5 a day!?!? x

Replies

• sharonuk10
    Options
    Why not have a fruit with one of your meals. I have a banana with breakfast every morning. One fruit down.. then I have two to 3 fruits for evening snacking.
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im not a big eater for Breakfast to be honest. The toast I eat is a struggle. But I know breakfast is important to start the day off!!!

Im normally pretty good, but wondering if I dont get my 5 a day will it have much impact x
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    Remember juice counts as a fruit too, 1/2 cup of OJ?
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ahh I forgot about juice....always have a glass in the morning :-) x
  • PlatinumPiggy
    Options
    Sometimes too much fruit makes me bloated! Home made blended smoothies with an apple, orange etc could do the trick. I dont think it's absolutely vital to eat 5 portions every day but if you just try make sure you get enough in your diet you'll be fine. listen to your body. there'll be signs if you're eating too little
  • cakeslovesbaking
    Options
    Yes, its ok not to snack. If you are not big on breakfast try a smoothie or juice. I make a 4 - 5 fruit juice/smoohtie every morning for myself, my husband and my little boy (8yrs) they have cereal too but I am good on the juice untill lunch. I have found an unexpected bonus... It makes me feel full of energy all morning and I am happy knowing that I have sent my family off for the day with a great, healthy, nutritious breakfast.

For lunch if you pack a salad and sprinkle on top some pulses (protien to help you fill up) you will find you will easily consume more than 5 a day. Try squeezing a fresh lemon over your salad instead of dressing. After a couple of days your insides will begin to feel really clean.

I will typically try and have a healthy dinner but this is the meal i will include some form of carbohydrate (trying to avoid bread and pasta). This will help you sleep well as long as you do not eat too late.

Good luck!
  • carbonboy
    Options
    You may also want to take a multi-vitamin if your not consuming a fully balanced diet.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey guys....im a little confused!!

I know we should all try and eat 5 fruit and veg a day...no I usually snack twice a day on fruit then try and get 3 veg from my evening meal...however, if im not hungry so dont snack, is that ok?? Or should I make myslef eat the fruit to get my 5 a day!?!? x

I would say that if you are not hungry, don't eat just for the sake of it. Same goes with breakfast. I physically cannot eat until I have up and about for about 2 hours - some people are even later. Don't force yourself to eat toast first thing - just take a banana into work and eat it when you feel hungry.

C
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I try to just get my Phytoberry and Vegegreens supplements during the day.

1 scoop of each (bought from Popeyes maybe GNC not sure) is equal to your daily requirements of each. :D BUT I still have extra fruit and veggies.. it's just to make sure I'm not missing ANYTING!