Don's Food for Thought 11-18

Options
As we go into the holidays I want to be reminded of two rules... The rule of ENOUGH and the rule of TOO MUCH.
In eating our food and spending our funds, we must know when we reach ENOUGH and TOO MUCH.
Let's not let the festivities and the fun make us do something foolish.

Have a great day!

Replies

• cmsdives
    Options
    Soooooo true, thanks for the reminder DJ!
  • goldspaula
    Options
    This year has been a huge wake up call for me. I am approaching the holidays with a whole new mindset. It's not about the gifts or the overindulgence in food and celebration. It is about the birth of my Savior and about sharing that with my family and friends. It's going to be about opening my home and the comforts there to the people in my life to come and share a bite, listen to the sounds of the season, and to enjoy each other in the light of his life, love, and sacrifice for us.
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    I guess we need to remember that gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins. And boy don't we all know why.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    here here HERE!!!!!!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Less is always more in my opinion!
    My favorite word to play over in my head when I am painting is "kiss" ~ keep it simple stupid.
    Thanks for sharing DJ! :flowerforyou:
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Right on DJ, I look it this way, my Goals are more important that any Holiday Spread. So I keep at it like it was any other day. I do not indulge unless there is something I know is healthy. Besides I have fun with the family too much to be worried about food. I still drink my shakes, my water and I exercise 1st thing in the a.m. before the guest arrive.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Great words of wisdom. Let's be good examples for others by enjoying the real gifts of this season....family, friends, and LOVE!:heart:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    This year has been a huge wake up call for me. I am approaching the holidays with a whole new mindset. It's not about the gifts or the overindulgence in food and celebration. It is about the birth of my Savior and about sharing that with my family and friends. It's going to be about opening my home and the comforts there to the people in my life to come and share a bite, listen to the sounds of the season, and to enjoy each other in the light of his life, love, and sacrifice for us.

Youre cool with me...