Too good to be true......

Options
I am weighing myself most mornings at the minute (I know I probably shouldn't) But I am seeing such a good weight loss it has scared me that It is going to shoot up soon.....

Did Cambridge Diet for a week and a bit and lost alot - expected to put it all back on but as I did this, i haven't... anyway I have still been seeing a very steady loss since.....

I have lost a pound per day since Tuesday... This can't be right can it?

Replies

• carbonboy
    Options
    Okay, as gross as this sounds, I remember hearing that after John Wayne died, the autopsy revealed about 40 pounds of undigested food in his gut.

I think the quick initial weight loss that many people experience when starting a new diet, is flushing (pun intended) much of that stuff out of your system. You may also be dehydrating yourself through exercise and diet which can lead to better numbers on the scale.

It can also be from shocking your system, before it adjusts your metabolism slightly and you plateau.

Things generally slow down after a few weeks, and you should probably just weigh yourself once a week. The daily fluctuations can be frustrating for many people.

Good luck.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Make sure you stay hydrated, that is one of the most important things.
    On certain diets your metabolism is altered (as when you are in ketosis) and you can have dramatic fat loss, but mostly it is calorie reduction that does it.
    Tracking your calories is a better way
    I can't exactly explain it but in a cutting phase (like body builders endure) I lost about 1 lb a day for about 3 weeks. (It is unhealthy to stay in ketosis for a real long time) then slowed to about a half pound a day then when on another cutting cycle I continued to loose weight at the 1lb a day rate. I went from 268 lbs down to 190. When I made a choice to go back to the way I used to eat the weight came back. This time around I'm exercising like crazy and tracking what I eat and I'm loosing 1/4 to 1/2 lb a day.

And John Wayne didn't have 40 lbs of undigested meat in his digestive system (urban legend) if someone had 1 pound or two trapped from constipation you would have extreme pain and bleeding from the rectum.

Eat sensible, get plenty of exercise and good luck

Remember 3500 calories equal 1 lb of fat