lemon water as diuretic? and, does Crystal Lite count as a

Options
Is (about 1 tblsp) lemon juice added to a glass of water a diuretic?
Also, I want to get 8 glasses of water a day; does my glass of Crystal Lite count?
Thanks!

Replies

• mylifethusfar
    Options
    I use Crystal Lite in my water, since if i had to drink it plain, i would never drink water. I dont see why it wouldnt count, as its 99% water, no sugar or caffeine added.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I use Crystal Light too! That is the only way I would be able to drink the last two bottles of what a day. I also use lemon in my water first thing in the morning. It is refreshing and does a great job of waking me up. I am not sure about it being a diuretic, but it sure tastes good!
  • lms2486
    lms2486 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Based on my own personal experience, i would tell you yes-lemon water is a diuretic. I started adding lemon juice to all the water I drink, including tea and it helps a lot!!! When I slacked for about a week or so I totally noticed a difference, when I started again it helped again.

I hope that helps!
  • nicu0227
    Options
    I don't know about it being a diuretic....but Jackie Warner (that trainer on TV's Thinervetion) ....stated that if you put pure lemon juice in your water it will help to burn calories....(something about the acid being an agent that helps the body to burn it off extra fat calories) I started doing it and I can't say if I noticed any major changes in what I have been doing but at least my water taste like unsweetned lemonade...:happy: