Ideas for a lunchtime workout?

Options
Some days, lunchtime is the only available time for me to get a workout in and I am trying to put together a small routine I can do two days a week. The gym in my office building is small, but serviceable. It has ellipticals, stationary bikes, treadmills, three benches (two incline and a flat) with small handheld weights. There is also a couple fo stability balls and a yoga mat.

I run plenty with marathon training, so I am looking for a good cross-train/strength workout that I can accomplish is about 40-45 minutes. I've not been the best when it comes to strength training because I get to the gym, see the weights and kind of freeze. I have no idea what kinds of exercises I should be doing. :smile:

Replies

• peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not much help on an actual weight room routine, but I always recommend Jillian Michaels videos. I run also, so JM is my cross/strength training. I don't have access to a gym, just my living room and hand weights. It's been working for me. I'm a working mom of a busy toddler, so I need short and efficient workouts too. :)
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I highly suggest picking up "The New Rules of Lifting for Women." It gives you good information about how to start out as well as great workouts that take me about 40 minutes to complete. Best of luck!
  • erinjruns
    erinjruns Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am heading over to look at those books now. :)