Trying to lose that stubborn menopausal 10!

Options
Hi, guys! I am a very active 50 year-old woman who has always been fit BUT I have always had to keep an eye on my weight. About four or five years ago, I started gaining what has now become ten extra pounds. This ten pounds is *much* harder to lose than any other weight I have ever put on. Any friends out there in the same boat? Any advice? I'd love to offer each other support!

Replies

• PGtipsteasnob
    Options
    I am 53 and have about 25 menopausal pounds I'd like to lose! Unfortunately, menopause has hit me hard and my self-discipline is GONE. I go to a mat pilates class once or twice a week and that helps, but cardio is so much harder. Would love an encouragement partner!
  • epate02
    epate02 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi folks. I'm also in the same boat. I am 50 yrs old and started menopause about 3 yrs ago. I promptly gained about 25 lbs and have not been able to make a dent in taking it off. I'm open to any suggestions. I could definitely increase my exercise levels, but no matter what I eat (low carb generally), I can't seem to make a dent in the weight gain. Help!
  • chillypeaches
    chillypeaches Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Menopausal Mavins Unite! After having a physical, my physician found several SEVERE nutritional deficits that were addressed promptly. I am back to losing the weight and feel tons better. The flashes are still common but not as severe. I give myself a B-12 injection every week, I take Vitamin D (RX), and discovered my body does not break down folate so I take L-Methylfolate supplement each day. All this combined with megadoses of fruits and veggies daily help a ton. Oh, and here is the kicker, I started adding Chard to my breakfast smoothie along with a tablespoon of Maca Powder. I have far more energy than I have had in years. With that stated, I do not feel the energy bursts until I get my butt moving. Sitting on the sofa, and waiting for energy to magically appear, just doesn't happen. Take care!