calories and nutrition

hpsnickers1
hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
My calories stay under but everything else (fat, carbs, etc) is at the daily limit. Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Replies

• I'm the opposite. I am under on everything else and over on cals.
  • I'm the opposite. I am under on everything else and over on cals.

If anything you wanna stay under in calories my friend.
    Losing weight is about creating a calorie deficit over time.
    So carbs, fats etc does NOT matter as long as your Calories are down.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    I think the healthiest option is it keep at your limits for carbs, fats, and proteins for good nutrition, and keep your overall calories in a deficit while still staying at or over the 1200 limit.

There's been a lot of studies done that correlate health problems with nutritional deficiencies. I figure being slimmer isn't better if it means more health problems then were there in the first place.

Just my thoughts.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I have the same problem, if I meet my macronutrient quota I am under on calories, like the day would be ending and I’d only have eaten 1000 which is far too little I know (DON’T go nuts educating us on starvation mode I know it all and don’t actually end the day at 1000, I end it at a miserable 1200 b/c now my carbs are too high but rather please suggest ways to eat more w/out going over on nutrients) but If I eat an apple or something to make the hungry go away my carbs shoot right up over my limit, evil red numbers, lol! I have my carbs set at 50% now, should be 40% but that seemed impossible.

I posted about this the other day but never received a response so I hope you get some tips.

I did create a super food that you eat 6x a day that totaled 1200 calories and exactly the right amount of protein, fats, carbs etc. that I called the Life Bar (my thread is called Human Dog Food, check it out) but due to a gelatin consistency and grey colour I've shelved that plan and will try to invent again since the answer to this question seems impossible.
This discussion has been closed.