Ankle and Wrist Weights

Options
Hello all. Does anyone use ankle or wrist weights when you exercise? I'm looking to get ankle weights but all of the ones I've tried in the past have been too small (I have bigger ankles lol) any suggestions?

Replies

• Charwana
    Charwana Posts: 6
    Options
    BUMP
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I HATE ankle weights because they're never comfortable.

Recently I found some calf weights and they are so far fantastic.

I use them in place of ankle weights.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Does anyone use ankle or wrist weights when you exercise? I'm looking to get ankle weights but all of the ones I've tried in the past have been too small (I have bigger ankles lol) any suggestions?

Depending on the exercise, most likely would not recommend. It's a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on your joints and can negatively effect your range of motion on whatever it is you're doing.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've used Heavy Hands on and off for years. They aren't truly wrist weights, as they don't ride on your wrist, they slide on around your palm and the back of your hand. I like them and I have large hands for a girl.
  • pure777
    pure777 Posts: 10
    Options
    I use ankle weights.. some days I just wear them all day.. I have 2 small kids so I figured running round with them and having the weights on may tone my legs better.. incidently it may not.. lol .. also if I've got a mammoth ironing to do or I'm deep cleaning the bathroom or kitchen i'll wear them on my wrists.. makes it a lot harder but heyho..that was kinda my point in doing it .. I think I got mine from argos but it was a few years ago now.. xxx oh and don't forget to mention if you're wearing them ontop of leggings don't forget to take them off if you're nipping out to the shops or people give u some really odd looks.. xxxx