Question about Piyo Workout

I found a 50 minute piyo workout form Chalene Johnson on youtube and I thought I would try it because I have completed her Turbo Jam and Fire videos! Plus I love her motivation !! My question is what do I type in the MFP data base?? Pilates or yoga?

Replies

• rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    I don't think you'll find an accurate equivalent in the database, to be honest. PiYo burns a lot more calories than either Pilates or yoga because you're constantly moving. Pilates will probably be closer, but you'll still probably get a vast underestimate.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 437 Member
    Thank you
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FU0W41kHvU

Just thought I would put this in.
    I'm thinking of following this myself.
  • gary241069
    Just finished a twenty minute Piyo Workout there.
    You are fooled into the impression that it is going to be easier than it actually is.
    I thought it was totally amazing and I plan on doing this again tomorrow.:bigsmile:
    Recommend this to anyone interested in fitness. Start from lesson 1 though...
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    I log it as it own exercise under cardio. Been wearing my HRM during the workouts but not seeing phenomenal calorie burns, so I'm still on the fence about the program. A lot of moves I recognize from P90X3, so I've done them before and am probably not having the body freakout that other people might be having due to it being a new movement.
  • gary241069
    I log it as it own exercise under cardio. Been wearing my HRM during the workouts but not seeing phenomenal calorie burns, so I'm still on the fence about the program. A lot of moves I recognize from P90X3, so I've done them before and am probably not having the body freakout that other people might be having due to it being a new movement.

It's good though for the people who believe that good health is more important than weight loss.
    Weight loss can lead to good health but I will never stop believing that there is much more to health
    than how heavy you are. too many people seem to forget this.