Tips for loosing the last 6 pounds?

Options
I'm 19 years old and am 5'1. I currently weigh 106 after yo-yoing between 119-110 for awhile during middle/highschool. Sophmore year of highschool, I was misdiagnosed with Celiac's disease and went down to 92. Now that I've gained weight back from eating gluten free when it was unnecessary, I would like to drop these last 6 pounds to reach my goal weight of 100. Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Also, please don't try and tell me that I don't need to loose any weight, thank you.

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Just be honest with your logging-- of both food and exercise. Set your weight loss goal to "lose 0.5 lb a week" and don't worry too much if you're 100 or so cals over the goal sometimes-- so close to goal weight, losing weight slower than 0.5 lb a week is possible, still effective, and easier ( because at our size-- I'm 5'1" and 105-- a 0.5 lb/week deficit means you really don't get to eat much).

I would highly recommend strength training in addition to cardio exercise. If you work your muscles with heavy weights, you may find yourself looking better before getting all the way down to 100. Look up "recomp" stories on here. :) I am starting to do this because I want to stay around 103-104 (I'm at 105 which is a tiny bit plumper looking than I like, right now) but would prefer to have lower body fat and more defined muscles.

I have to warn you, though, that once you get close to 100 lbs you may find your hormones going wonky. My lowest weight was 102 and I barely had a period and was experiencing unpleasant hormonal issues (sex drive problems, not cool). Just a pound or two heavier than that and I'm fine. I don't know if that's a matter of body fat (I hope not because I want less of it) or just weight. Maybe I have a larger frame than you, too. . . . so I like myself at pretty much the weight you're currently at, and you want to be lighter/smaller. :)

Also, if you haven't read the sexypants post yet, do so. It's the essential guide to using MFP and getting the most out of it you can, and is super helpful. :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I won't say anything about you not needing to lose weight. But your diary is really unhealthy.

You shouldn't be eating under 1000 calories daily, especially when you're so close to your goal.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Start eating a healthy diet (your limited logging is too low in calories and macro nutrients) ... set a reasonable deficit (as mentioned 1/2 pound per week is the recommendation for as little as you want to lose) ... eat your net calories. If you set a body fat / lean body mass goal ... find a workout program that supports it while continuing to eat your net calories.