Resting on my Success

Options
I've lost 26 pounds since this summer. I look better, I feel better, I can do more. This is BIG! I've done good, and kept it off so far!

This month I've noticed that I feel successful and good at this diet - exercise - lifestyle change. So I've been sliding in food I shouldn't be eating to stay on my calorie goals and stopped loosing the one pound a week I was consistently doing. It's not a plateau, it's me!

I'm really happy with my progress. But I'm really only half way there. How to re-motivate before it's Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Birthdays all starting next week?

Replies

• SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hey Natalie - First let's me give you a Woot Woot! for your 26 lbs lost.

Perhaps looking at some photos before your weight loss will help rev up your motivation.

What I have done in the past is buy something different that I don't usually eat and use that as my treat, for example blueberry juice, pecans and rice crackers. These are things that I don't normally eat or drink but I have used them to make myself feel like I'm having something a little more decadent and accept that it's special.

The holidays are coming and perhaps if you try making a new dish that will give you something to focus on.

All the best, we are here cheering you on.

Karen
  • ppennington
    Options
    I hear you and that's exactly what I have done the last month. On the plus side, I have not gained anything back and have been enjoying my food and having occasional treats. It's nice to know (or think) I will be able to maintain and still indulge my sweet tooth occasionally. But on the other hand, I too want to continue and lose those last 5 to 8 lbs. Holidays are scary. My plan is I'm getting married next month and really want to look as good as possible and to get to a point where I feel I have a 5 lb variance I can live with. I'm going to up my exercise which so far has only been walking about 3 times a week. Good luck to you.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That is what happenend to me. I lost all of my baby weight and then onmy sons 1st birthday I had a dinner and birthday cake that I shouldn't have eaten. My special occasion eating soon became almost daily. (Tuesday is a special occasion isn't it?) I gained 15 lbs over the summer and am now trying to get back on track. Stick to your healthy eating. It is easier to continue than it is to start again. Keep Up the Good Work! We can do this!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That is what happenend to me. I lost all of my baby weight and then onmy sons 1st birthday I had a dinner and birthday cake that I shouldn't have eaten. My special occasion eating soon became almost daily. (Tuesday is a special occasion isn't it?) I gained 15 lbs over the summer and am now trying to get back on track. Stick to your healthy eating. It is easier to continue than it is to start again. Keep Up the Good Work! We can do this!

Aahh! Thats exactly what I'm worried I'll do! Reward myself to death!